Decent nursing bras for big boobs

(9 Posts)
ab00 Sat 16-Nov-13 13:05:27

SO I have been to get fitted for a nursing bra this morning as have lost well over 2st since ds2 arrived (Hurrah, but still nowhere near pre ds1 size) & bra's aren't feeling supportive any more. I've not been measured since probably June / July so am well due a fitting. I'm generously blessed in the chest area & always have been so good fitting bra's are a must.

Went to M & S who measured me at 38F/G but didn't have my size. Went to Mothercare who measured me at a 40-42G (same size as after ds2 was born & milk had just come in). Again didn't have correct size in store & lady even suggested those cup sizes may not be big enough. WTF?!?!

How can 2 shops measure so differently & who should I trust?

More importantly where the bloody hell can I go to get a reliable measure done & get a decent, supportive nursing bra that I don't need to remortgage the house to buy?

NotCitrus Sat 16-Nov-13 13:08:47

There's a thread on here which will translate your own measurements into bra sizing.
Try Bravissimo or John Lewis. Freya and Panache go up to K or so. What's your underbust measurement and your widest bust measurement?

SorrelForbes Sat 16-Nov-13 13:09:00

Have you got a bravissimo near by? I can tell you now that M&S and mother are will have measured you incorrectly using an outdated method!

See here for how to measure properly.

fhdl34 Sat 16-Nov-13 14:15:39

M&S are rubbish, try bravissimo or John Lewis. John Lewis fitted me and ordered the bras I bought to be delivered to my home, great service. I was a 40k, got the jasmine bra

ab00 Sat 16-Nov-13 14:24:23

Thanks ladies, I have a bravissimo & John Lewis near & within walking distance of each other! Will be having a little visit once ds's are fully recharged from naps & dh is braced for looking after them!

ab00 Sat 16-Nov-13 17:09:39

Successful trip to bravissimo, 2 bra's purchased & I am now a complete bravissimo convert! Knew I cod rely on the MN ladies to point me in the right direction!

shikhagautam Fri 22-Nov-13 11:10:33

why people are confuse between <a href="http://prettysecrets.com/lingerie/bras/maternity-nursing"=_blank"> maternity bra</a> and nursing bra
maternity bra is use as soon as your breasts begin to swell and your existing bras no longer fit. This is usually from the 4th month onward.
Nursing bra is worn once your child arrives, and you have made the decision to breastfeed.

youaremychocolatecake Fri 22-Nov-13 11:21:48

I was about to suggest bravissimo. I've gone up to a k once my milk came in and they sorted me out x

leedy Fri 22-Nov-13 11:26:21

Glad you got sorted. Also never trust M&S for bra fittings, they are RUBBISH. They are always convinced I am two cup sizes smaller than I actually am and then look bemused when my boobs don't fit into the supposed "right size" bras they bring me to try on. Mothercare are not much better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now