Baby not interested in her late feed

(3 Posts)
Firenze2011 Tue 05-Nov-13 10:06:47

Hi there, I'm new to mumsnet and have a nine week old breastfed daughter who in the last week or so has really gone off her 11.30pm "late" feed. Up until now my husband has given her a bottle of my expressed milk at this time and she's been fine with it but lately she's refusing to drink more than about 80ml as she just falls asleep. I've tried switching to a slightly faster flowing teat and changing the bottle from a newborn Medela bottle to the larger Dr. brown bottle. We've also tried spending a good 10 minutes making sure she's fully awake and waking her again during the feed with a nappy change but she's just not interested in feeding at this time. Is it the teat or should we just drop this feed and see if she'll go from her 7pm bedtime to whenever she next wakes up feeling hungry? She's now about 11 lbs and I'm just trying to get into a bit of a routine so I don't want to mess things up completely as on the whole she's sleeping really well waking only once after the late feed around 4 or 5 am. Any tips would be gratefully received!

Pascha Tue 05-Nov-13 10:09:30

She's telling you to drop it. I would and see how you go. You might find the 4am feed comes back to 2am instead though.

sparklysilversequins Tue 05-Nov-13 10:11:53

I don't think I would drop it just yet. That small amount she's talking is probably enough to keep her going. If you drop it you might find she starts waking looking for it later.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now