are those pads for sore nipples any good? are they called hydrogel pads

(40 Posts)

Really sore on the left side

actually had to express the lwft breast today as was too sore to bf direct ly

using lanolin atm

Well shes already looked at the latch once. I text her to say its gojng a bit better and the pads are helpjng the soreness and that if its nit betterbin a couple of days I will call for help

think I just need to be patient when getting him on

BlackberrySeason Fri 25-Oct-13 19:41:23

How are things now? Hoping much better smile

Hi blackberry smile things are going much easier now

Still using the pads on the left side, doesn't hurt much at all now hardly anything, and the right doesn't at all

Ds is getting weighed on tue so hopefully he's still gaining, me and dh think he is

And got him right down on the formula to just one bottle before bed

So seems to be a lot better

BlackberrySeason Sun 27-Oct-13 07:41:32

White that does sound much better - really glad to hear you are less sore, you've been able to do without the ff and baby seems to be gaining well - great result and no need to worry about trying to get baby off any nipple shields.

Thanks blackberry
smile
I'm not actually using nipple shields, by pads I Ment those multi mam compresses
For soreness
They have helped me a lot

Ds seemscontentafter feeds feels like he's getting heavier and only having one ff at night which I don't really mind

Thanks so much for taking the timetohelpme well us
So nice of you

KippyVonKipperson Sun 27-Oct-13 14:12:49

Really glad it's going well x

Thankyou kippy

BlackberrySeason Sun 27-Oct-13 17:19:25

All sounds really great, white smile

Sorry, I wasn't clear - I meant that it's great you didn't need to use nipple shields and that the compresses are working so well.

Oh yeah that makes sense now

my brian is still slightly fried

BlackberrySeason Sun 27-Oct-13 19:14:48

I think that having a newborn does that smile

Please use this thread to keep posting if you want to. We are all hear got support if needed.

Have you got a nice bf book? They are soooo reassuring. My two faves are the LLL one - the womanly art of bf and the other one by a mum - the food of love.

BlackberrySeason Sun 27-Oct-13 19:15:18

Here for not hear got blush

Hey, just wanted to let you know ds got weighed again

He is still gaining and now he's doing really wellsmile

I will see if my local library has those books

BlackberrySeason Tue 29-Oct-13 19:17:22

Ooh sounds good, white! If there is a local LLL group anywhere near you they will lend the books to you as each group has a little library. All will have the Womanly Art and I would think quite a lot would have the Food of Love. Brilliantly reassuring that all is normal when it comes to things like growth spurts and introducing solids at 6 months.

well i don't know if there is a lll group , but i have found out theres a drop in baby cafe type place where you can go for help or simply somewhere baby friendly to feed
perhaps they would have those books

BlackberrySeason Tue 29-Oct-13 21:44:36

You could definitely try. If it is a cafe la Leche they should have them.

You can also get both on amazon and I've just found at least one second hand copy of each on eBay if you want to try that too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now