PLEASE tell me the strongest painkillers I can take while bf, struggling after c section, but want to carry on bf

(13 Posts)
PedlarsSpanner Mon 14-Oct-13 10:57:57

do see a medic, don't struggle on

my feet took about a month to de-swell and actually never went back to their original width, curses

Famzilla Mon 14-Oct-13 10:53:50

I took diclofenac oramorph and co- codamol after my EMCS. All prescribed by the consultant.

noblegiraffe Mon 14-Oct-13 10:27:45

I was told to take them at the same time because they worked better together.

ChunkyPickle Mon 14-Oct-13 10:21:20

diclofenac + paracetamol after both of my c-sections - did the trick for me in combination with Paracetamol (I don't know if it was recommended, but I staggered them so that I was having a diclofenac, or paracetamol at least every 3 hours)

MoominsYonisAreScary Mon 14-Oct-13 10:16:57

IVe also been prescribed codeine

MoominsYonisAreScary Mon 14-Oct-13 10:16:11

I was sent home with diclofenac after my 2nd cs. While in hospital i had diclofenac and oramorph while bf

fuckwittery Mon 14-Oct-13 10:15:53

Sorry, or something equivalent i meant to write in case guidelines have changed.

fuckwittery Mon 14-Oct-13 10:14:48

Sweetheart please get codeine. Just posted on your other thread. Ive had 2 sections, breastfed and sent home with codeine and am completely horrified you were home after 3 days with nothing stronger.

Diclofenac is fine with breastfeeding.

Many medics think cocodomol is fine too, but there is some evidence that it may not be.

madamecake Mon 14-Oct-13 10:14:01

I was prescribed diclofenac while breastfeeding, for pain relief from a third degree tear and i really thought it helped. I was also on the injections to prevent blood clots at the same time so it should be safe for you.

noblegiraffe Mon 14-Oct-13 10:13:16

You had a c-section but the hospital didn't give you strong painkillers? shock

I was sent home with diclofenac to take in combination with paracetamol. It was fine for breastfeeding, and with clexane.

Greenpanda Mon 14-Oct-13 10:11:23

I'm pretty certain ibuprofen is contraindicated while on clexane, so even though you've only two days left, do check.

There are other painkillers you can take though, but its best to see your GP really, a pharmacist will be reluctant to advise IME.

Paracetamol and ibuprofen are not really cutting it

I've heard codyramol and diclofenac are they safest strongest would you say that's right.

I'm seeing my dr today and want to know what to ask for

I'm also on medication to prevent me getting a blood clot

Cleaxane injections only have two more days on them and I have a headache too

But I'm struggling with the pain from the c section

Oh and my feet are v swollen

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now