Has anyone used a doidy cup for night feeds?

(4 Posts)
noblegiraffe Sat 21-Sep-13 12:30:00

I'd go for a sippy cup instead, if it gets knocked over or waved around it won't spill much and you are less likely to need to change clothes/bedding.

KatAndKit Sat 21-Sep-13 12:27:58

Depends how good she is with the cup. And you'd have to put the lights on and everything so she could see what she was doing and if yours is anything like mine, a full change of sleepsuit and vest would be required. Also one ounce isn't going to keep her going that long and perhaps it is the comfort sucking to get back to sleep that she is after? In addition, it is not your ticket to sleep if you are the one who is having to give the milk in the cup. It is only your ticket to sleep if you can get a night off in the spare room with ear plugs in! If it is you doing the feeding breast is always the easier option. You would have to get your husband to practise giving the doidy cup. It may well work, but I'd get her more used to using the cup in the daytime. Perhaps try a beaker with a spout for less mess at night?

Ragwort Fri 20-Sep-13 11:11:40

Yes, I mix fed and sometimes used a doidy cup if not breast feeding, personally I loathe baby bottles, but that's just me. grin. Why not try it?

haloflo Thu 19-Sep-13 13:23:18

My DD2 is 6 months & not a great sleeper. She self settles but only with a full tummy. Wakes at least twice a night. She is a bottle refuser & I'm not confident with a bottle either. As a test I decided to try her doidy cup just before her lunchtime feed - she drank an 1oz of bm!!!

Is this my ticket to freedom and sleep or am I stuck until she is older and I'm ready to get tough?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now