Is fenugreek causing my baby's diarrhoea?

(3 Posts)
babykittle Sat 14-Sep-13 20:40:29

I have been having milk problems for post 2+ weeks.

I have been running out of milk, especially on the right breast, in the afternoon. I posted here a week or so ago in a panic and in pain. I started to take fenugreek.

Things then seemed to pick up a bit but now I have a new problem. My baby has been having very frequent green, mucusy poo and wind since Thursday, along with sickness 2 or 3 times. He is also distracted and fussy

I was worried this could be a bug, but he does not seem particularly ill.

Has anyone had side effects with fenugreek? Is there anything else I can take to help milk, besides mothers milk tea?

HighVoltage Sat 14-Sep-13 20:50:37

I'm no expert but I think it can cause that issue for some babies, sorry.

I've had similar supply worries myself and the only thing I genuinely think helps is/are oats - massive bowl of porridge in the morning and I really feel "fuller" milk wise later that day. I've also made some homemade flapjacks for an afternoon pick me up as well. Hope it works for you if not already tried.

Lying down a lot and sleeping helps the most of course (I have a 3 year old and 3 month old twins so will have to stick to oats for now).

babykittle Sat 14-Sep-13 21:01:51

Thanks high voltage.

It hasn't occurred to me before, I feel terrible!

I am on oats too (forgot, porridge, oat drink, but flap Jack is good idea) my baby only naps on me at the moment. But that's a whole other post which I am sure we'll happen if we get over the milk problems.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now