How much expressed milk to leave for 15 week old?

(5 Posts)
QueenSconetta Sat 14-Sep-13 15:06:21

Just that really. Will be leaving EBF DD2 for the first time (when she might need feeding) tomorrow afternoon for about 3 hours. She hopefully won't need feeding, but as we still feed on demand and she appears to be having a growth spurt and wanting to feed every 2 hours she may well do.

Also going out for the first time with my friends on Monday night. Would the amount to leave be the same? I will try to move her 'bedtime' feed forward to just before I go out.

Thanks in advance.

gretagrape Sat 14-Sep-13 17:35:39

I moved from BF to formula at around 16/17 weeks and because the formula was so horrible I expressed for a week to mix in breast milk for the first week. I expressed every 4 hours and before the supply started to dwindle I expressed approx 180ml - my son would take approx 200ml from a bottle so I guess that the amount I expressed was pretty much what he would have taken for a feed.

duchesse Sat 14-Sep-13 17:45:44

Kellymom has a very good milk calculator here. I found it very useful!

duchesse Sat 14-Sep-13 17:46:44

And you can't compare formula quantities with breast milk- breast milk tends to be far more completely digested than formula so less is needed!

QueenSconetta Sat 14-Sep-13 18:16:08

Great, thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now