My nipples hurt

(3 Posts)
Nicknamefail Thu 12-Sep-13 22:58:32

My 11mo doesn't open her mouth very wide and her teeth graze my nipple at every suck and she then clamps down without warning when she wants to find off and pulls. I have permanent sores on both of them. Ouch.
I am so sad as feeding her has been so positive and I don't want to give up but I am starting to dread each feed.
Don't think there are any answers just fancied a whinge. thank you for listening.

SquidgersMummy Fri 13-Sep-13 09:29:18

Hi - moan away - it hurts doesn't it. My dd sometimes does this - stroking her cheek and making her giggle can help to get it in. Currently nightweaning - which she has accepted - but only if she can tweak the other nipple instead.....not sure which is better nips or tweaks?? Hope you feeling better XX

filey1 Fri 13-Sep-13 10:48:01

Know only too well how this feels! My DD is older so I have been opening my mouth wide as she starts to feed and she seems to be copying this which helps.

My DD has done the pulling off thing , and tried to take my nipple with her, boy did that hurt!! I even started bleeding at one point. I have found it is always linked to teething so hopefully will improve.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now