Expressing suddenly not going well.

(5 Posts)
NoTeaForMe Wed 11-Sep-13 08:43:37

I've been attempting and failing to give my baby a bottle of expressed milk. I had been expressing ok. Not regularly etc but never less than an oz and had done 3-4oz in one sitting a few times. However the last couple of tries I've barely got anything. Just a few drips...I know everyone says its not indicative of supply but is it if it changes like that? Why would it change?

As she's not really taking a bottle anyway should I try a bit of formula? Does anyone have any experience of a baby refusing breastmilk in a bottle but taking formula?

Thanks

MeeshieN Wed 11-Sep-13 16:12:13

Could be a suction issue with the pump or the nipple shield isn't on justttt right. They can be fiddly things sometimes.

NoTeaForMe Wed 11-Sep-13 22:48:41

Thanks. The pump seems fine and I have tried taking it off and putting if back on etc but nothing helps.

Bump!

Forgive the daft question but is your baby in the room with you when you express? You might get better letdown if you an see / smell your baby.

(vivid memories of trying to express while away from DD on my only pre-weaning night away when she was 7 months old. Had to get DH to email me a photo to get my milk to let down. Weird and horrible experience!)

MacNCheese Wed 11-Sep-13 23:01:37

I used to pump on one side and feed on the other that way I got more milk.
Maybe she smells the breast milk and what's some breast not bottle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now