Ranitidine dosage

(4 Posts)
lem31 Wed 11-Sep-13 19:12:54

Thanks. Got second opinion from another doctor today after 2 nights of no sleep again (since being on ranitidine has been sleeping brilliantly) and they said I can double it to 0.6 3 times a day and it can still be increased if needed! So my gp was full of it and poor baby would've been in pain for 2 weeks had I not questioned it!
Hmmm....

LindsayS79 Wed 11-Sep-13 11:25:57

My girl is on 0.8 x 3 a day.. She's 5kg and I don't think that's enough. Google ranitidine dosage and I'm sure there is a really helpful calculator that a mum has put on here.

gretagrape Wed 11-Sep-13 08:20:28

You could ask your pharmacist if they can tell you the dosage:weight ratio. My Paed told me how many mg mine had to be on then I had to go away and work it out according to what suspension of meds:liquid the bottle I had was!

I do wonder if they are a bit cavalier in their calculations as 4 months later I've been told he's on the maximum dose for his weight now so he must have been OD'ing back at the start.

lem31 Wed 11-Sep-13 05:20:13

Posting here too as very desperate to get an answer! sad
Anyone know what dosage of ranitidine babies can go on? I know its meant to change with weight. Saw gp yesterday who said baby is already on too high a dose so couldn't up it, despite baby discomfort again.
He is 3 months and currently on 0.3 ml 3 times a day. He weights 5.7 kg.is is 10/150 oral suspension.
Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now