Shocked at breastfeeding policy for a craft centre / attraction

(155 Posts)
Ducky5867 Sun 01-Sep-13 19:16:36

Looking at visiting a craft centre near me - went onto their website and viewed their visitor information and noted the following statement

"We welcome discrete breastfeeding on our site, but would appreciate care being taken not to cause embrassement to our other customers."

Very shocked at this ..... They feel their customers would be embrassed by a baby having their lunch - how kind of them to even allow it - we should all be so greatful!!

My dd2 is nearly 1 yr so won't need to breastfeed during daytime but this has wound me up so much that I will never go there now ..... Shoud I go further and send them an email of complaint or am I being over sensitive?

SpaceOpera Thu 05-Sep-13 21:17:46

Came a bit late to this thread but cannot say thank you enough. This is why mumsnet is a real force for change. Made my day!

Victoria2002 Tue 03-Sep-13 23:34:17

Seems to be gone now. Good work girls.

ivykaty44 Tue 03-Sep-13 19:54:57

I think the fact the place has taken swift action to remove this phrase from their website hopefully means they are not out to offend anyone and have possibly been misguided - possibly a customer id complain and they took acton due to the complaint - who knows.

but they have not left the wording on the website and hopefully that will mean they do care

SunnyIntervals Mon 02-Sep-13 22:34:29

Very glad the wording has gone.

Has really put me off visiting though sad

racingheart Mon 02-Sep-13 22:30:22

I didn't get a response either.

But at least it's been removed. I don't feel militant about many things but about a woman's right to feed her child in public, and the baby's right to be fed - if everyone else can gorge away, why not a baby?

ToomuchIsBackOnBootcamp Mon 02-Sep-13 22:12:42

Nothing back from them from my message on facebook either yet. But glad the stupid paragraph has been removed. Hopefully they've taken it on board!

I didn't.

Ducky5867 Mon 02-Sep-13 19:36:15

Thank you for all your support on this - so pleased to see that it's gone.

A victory!

Just a shame it appeared in the first place.

Never did receive a reply to my email - guess they had so many - did anyone else get a reply?

Rooners Mon 02-Sep-13 14:36:17

Thanks, cleared temp files and it has gone.

Yeah it's gone! Thank goodness for that, it really beggars belief that someone thought that was ok!

JollyHappyGiant Mon 02-Sep-13 13:31:50

Try pressing ctrl and f5 on the page Rooners. That might fix it smile

ExBrightonBell Mon 02-Sep-13 12:58:12

Rooners, try clearing your cache/browsing data in your web browser.

Rooners Mon 02-Sep-13 12:43:00

I've clicked my link several t imes and gone onto other parts of the site and then back to visitor info and it's still there!

Maybe they are targeting me.

I'm so glad they whipped it out ASAP instead of defending it.

Rooners Mon 02-Sep-13 12:42:21

maybe it's something to do with cookies?

nickelbabe Mon 02-Sep-13 12:42:16

excellent, looks like they've already removed it.

I clicked your link and it has gone

EauRouge Mon 02-Sep-13 12:39:38

^"We have two baby changing units - one is in the disabled toilet, the other is in the Restaurant Ladies Toilet.

Our restaurant staff are more than happy to warm milk and food for customers; however we cannot take responsibility for the temperature when fed to your baby."^

EauRouge Mon 02-Sep-13 12:39:03

That's not what mine says. How weird.

Rooners Mon 02-Sep-13 12:38:01

'Baby Changing, Bottles and Feeding
We have two baby changing units - one is in the disabled toilet, the other is in the Restaurant Ladies Toilet.

We welcome discrete breast feeding on our site, but would appreciate care being taken not to cause embarrassment to our other customers.

Our restaurant staff are more than happy to warm milk and food for customers; however we cannot take responsibility for the temperature when fed to your baby. '

Rooners Mon 02-Sep-13 12:37:37

How odd. I just clicked on the initial link on this thread, again, and it was still there.
That's what I've linked to.

EauRouge Mon 02-Sep-13 12:33:19

I can't see it confused

Rooners Mon 02-Sep-13 12:26:59

I think discrete breast feeding must mean using only one breast at a time, or something.

Rooners Mon 02-Sep-13 12:26:20
Rooners Mon 02-Sep-13 12:26:03

Erm it's totally still there hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now