Shocked at breastfeeding policy for a craft centre / attraction

(155 Posts)
Ducky5867 Sun 01-Sep-13 19:16:36

Looking at visiting a craft centre near me - went onto their website and viewed their visitor information and noted the following statement

"We welcome discrete breastfeeding on our site, but would appreciate care being taken not to cause embrassement to our other customers."

Very shocked at this ..... They feel their customers would be embrassed by a baby having their lunch - how kind of them to even allow it - we should all be so greatful!!

My dd2 is nearly 1 yr so won't need to breastfeed during daytime but this has wound me up so much that I will never go there now ..... Shoud I go further and send them an email of complaint or am I being over sensitive?

racingheart Mon 02-Sep-13 22:30:22

I didn't get a response either.

But at least it's been removed. I don't feel militant about many things but about a woman's right to feed her child in public, and the baby's right to be fed - if everyone else can gorge away, why not a baby?

SunnyIntervals Mon 02-Sep-13 22:34:29

Very glad the wording has gone.

Has really put me off visiting though sad

ivykaty44 Tue 03-Sep-13 19:54:57

I think the fact the place has taken swift action to remove this phrase from their website hopefully means they are not out to offend anyone and have possibly been misguided - possibly a customer id complain and they took acton due to the complaint - who knows.

but they have not left the wording on the website and hopefully that will mean they do care

Victoria2002 Tue 03-Sep-13 23:34:17

Seems to be gone now. Good work girls.

SpaceOpera Thu 05-Sep-13 21:17:46

Came a bit late to this thread but cannot say thank you enough. This is why mumsnet is a real force for change. Made my day!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now