Making up night feeds??

(54 Posts)
BettyBoo246 Sun 18-Aug-13 18:10:48

Hi all
I am looking for advice on how every other mum makes up their night feeds?? I'm being told so many different things its confusing sad
I am currently giving lo (2wks old) the ready made cartons but this is turning out to be very expensive as I only use half then have to throw the other half away after 2hrs.
How does everyone else make up their night feeds? Can I boil the water and pour into 4 bottles then just add formula wen he wakes (he does drink at room temp) or make then up completely and keep in fridge and then warm up when needed? Any advice will be helpful smile

RobotHamster Mon 19-Aug-13 16:54:43

Why do you have to boil tap water for babies to drink? (i know they can have plain tap water from 6mo)

Not sure why I care smile

BikeRunSki Mon 19-Aug-13 17:03:54

You need. Fridge- to -Go, will look for a link. I used to make up bottles for the next day in the e ending, with 70 degree water and flashed cooled. Then I put them in the fridge, and would take 2 to bed in the fridge to go. I'd warm them up under the hot tap in the bathroom as needed.

BikeRunSki Mon 19-Aug-13 17:09:03
BikeRunSki Mon 19-Aug-13 18:54:34

You have to boil the water to make up formula to sterilise the powder. Even if it were packed in.a sterile environment, it stops being sterile once the tin is open.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now