Thrush, again. Fuck.

(6 Posts)
PukousMucous Sun 14-Jul-13 09:50:34

Thank you. I feel a bit better after a rant! I shall try some of the probiotics etc and stupidly it hadnt even occurred to me to eliminate yeast. What a fool! Will experiment with the nipple bathing too.

I appreciate kind words, thank you.

Cravingdairy Sun 14-Jul-13 05:52:38

Are you doing things like bathing your nipples in a solution of bicarbonate of soda or vinegar, on top of your meds? Also paracetemol. I really feel for you, it's horrid.

Ouchy Sun 14-Jul-13 05:49:49

* heart = yeast

Ouchy Sun 14-Jul-13 05:48:45

I take acidophilus twice daily to prevent thrush after a hideous bout with my first baby that ended bf for me. I also make sure not to eat heart whatsoever (I eat wraps or soda bread instead of normal bread for example, these do not contain yeast), no pizzas etc. I have also eaten very minimal sugar and basically cut it out completely for 4 months at the beginning.
All this on top of your usual meds might help; best of luck.

Blonde1982 Sun 14-Jul-13 05:33:02

Oh dear, i hope you feel better soon. A friend of mine suffered from this recurrently and she kicked it to the can for good by using acidophilus (sp?) i think you can get it from holland and barrett type shops. Another friend swears by optibac probiotics. Hope you feel some relief soon, it is awful and no-one warns you about these things before you have a baby!

PukousMucous Sat 13-Jul-13 15:36:44

DS is nearly nine months. EBF and won't take a bottle. Will sometimes take ebm from a sippy cup but not reliably.
And now I've got thrush, again, for the third or fourth time. It's agony. I was really enjoying breastfeeding and now it feels like hell. I'm treating it but not much relief yet and I'm not sure how much longer I can carry on. If I could work out how I'd just stop now but have a total boob fiend of a boy who feeds to sleep and frequently comfort sucks overnight.
I don't know what to do or where to start. Help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now