Thrush Support Group

(28 Posts)
ButteryJam Fri 12-Jul-13 20:48:04

Hi

I thought I'd start a thrush support group, seeing as many women are affected by it.

I've just been diagnosed with it again for the second time, and this time in really hoping it will go.

I've been given nystatin oral suspension for my little one after every feed (I don't know how I'm going to manage that at night), micatazone cream for my nipples and flucanazole (had to fight for that - lactation consultant insisted I have ductal thrush and doctor must give it).

Starting it off today and I'm really hoping it will work. Anyone else in a similar boat?

ButteryJam Mon 22-Jul-13 10:31:03

Lem31, thanks!

BonaDea Mon 22-Jul-13 10:41:36

Incidentally, I agree with the antibiotics point. I am sure we got thrush as we got antibiotics as I had a c section delivery and they give them as standard. I just wish they had warned me thrush was a possibility- I would have spotted it sooner and could have been taking probiotics etc.

It doesn't help that two of the three GPs I saw said they weren't actually convinced that deep breast tissue / ductal thrush exists. shock The second time one said this I pulled by bra down and asked her what on earth was causing my nipples to be bright red and shiny then?! angry

BonaDea Mon 22-Jul-13 14:53:57

Oh, and one last thought. Don't forget you can take painkillers! Sounds obvious but with everything else you have to take / do you might forget. My mw advised I used up the last of the co codamol I'd taken home from hosp after the section. When those ran out I took paracetamol. Not a long term answer but helps while you treat the thrush!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now