How to nightwean 9mo breastfeeder gently?

(7 Posts)
Dorisday13 Sun 14-Jul-13 09:23:22

Thanks. No plans to wean her whilst its this hot. So when can I do it? Not that I'm counting down hmm

PurplePidjin Sun 14-Jul-13 03:51:57

My 8mo still wakes twice, I'm so glad I'm not alone!

SirBoobAlot Sun 14-Jul-13 01:22:22

9 months is too soon to night wean, really. And I say that gently, with a hand pat, because I think I posted the same thing around the same age.

Remember that right now especially, it's very hot, and she will need her fluid intake in the night.

Night weaning isn't generally recommended until they're a bit older. If you've found she sleeps better away from you, then continue with that, but 9 months is too young ti night wean really.

<said very gently, with empathy>

Stixswhichtwizzle Sat 13-Jul-13 23:40:01

My 10mo wakes lots still. I feel your pain OP. No advice but watching with interest as am back to work very soon and could do without being woken up 5 times between 10pm and 6am!!!!

Dorisday13 Fri 12-Jul-13 13:23:58

Ah I'm so over night time feeding, I'm wrecked!

Signet2012 Fri 12-Jul-13 09:40:25

Sorry no advice but watching with interest as currently still bf dd at least twice sometimes more overnight more often four or five times

Dorisday13 Fri 12-Jul-13 09:39:09

Hi, really looking for some advice and opinions.

Probably this is asked all the time so sorry for the repetition hmm

I've come to the point where I'd really like to nightwean my baby, we've always coslept but recently I've discovered she does sleep better away from me and I'm now tired and ready for change. My style is very 'AP' type parenting but i think maybe I'm not cut out for it! Cc not an option though.

So my questions are..
1. Is 9m ok? Too soon? Am I being mean and selfish?
2. If its ok then how?? I have no idea! Is there a method?
3. Any success stories to help me feel better about all this?

Would really love to hear your experiences xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now