Expressing

(29 Posts)
massagegirl Fri 21-Jun-13 13:12:56

I've posted before about slow weight gain. It's still slow, 4 weeks in and not back to birth weight. Am breast feeding on demandg or two hourly (longer break at night) and giving three set formula feeds rather than 'topping up' I am trying to express so that I could give this in place of formula but I get hardly anything, I feel achievement if I see 10ml. Will this get better or do done people just not express much? Makes me worry that baby might not be getting sufficient milk from me. Had such problems and differing advice all the way through the past 4 weeks I worry my supply had been majorly affected. Anyone help?!

massagegirl Sun 23-Jun-13 22:28:26

Thank you trying. Tongue tie on Tuesday. It's really hard as she's obviously satisfied after formula but breast feeding she keeps going, napping, then more bf Its a full time job and makes it hard to leave the house, but I guess I need to ride it out as really want her to get as much breast milk as possible. Pumping when she's having formula to try and keep encouraging the supply.

Trying2bMindful Wed 26-Jun-13 09:16:40

Hi OP. hope Tuesday went well. Having dS PTT snipped was the best thing we did in the early days. Made such a difference in the end, although I'm not sure I noticed anything straight away . Oh, & seeing a cranial osteopath.
Good luck.

massagegirl Wed 26-Jun-13 10:50:02

Thanks trying. I haven't noticed much difference yet but the lady who did it was really so helpful a d supportive.

Trying2bMindful Wed 26-Jun-13 16:54:30

Excellent. So good you gelled with her. Helps so much. Where did you go?
Hope the next few weeks sort you both out.
I continued double pumping (& topping DS or the freezer up with it) a few times a day for a couple of weeks after the snip. Just helped to establish my supply, or so the LC said anyway!!!
Best of luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now