Should I move up a teat size or not??

(4 Posts)
u32ng Tue 18-Jun-13 21:42:59

My 4.5 month old DS is on the Avent no.2 teat which is for 1 month+ going by the packaging.

The next size up is the no.3 teat which is meant to be for 3 months+ but although DS is way past 3 months he still manages to finish his 7oz bottle in about 10mins!! So I don't see how a faster flow is going to be helpful.

Should I just ignore what the packaging says & stick with the size 2 until DS starts getting fussy?

wintersdawn Tue 18-Jun-13 21:47:17

If he's not getting frustrated I'd stick with it. My DS has just been moved onto the tommy tippee size 3 teats (meant o be 6 months plus) and he's only two months but he just moved onto hungry baby milk and is struggling to get it out of the size 2 teats.
I have a friend whose 3 month old is still on size 1.

Phineyj Tue 18-Jun-13 21:51:50

Why don't you get one and experiment - we didn't switch DD over until about 5 months and by then she was sucking so hard on the no. 2 teats that she nearly drowned herself on the 3s! But she got the hang of them gradually.

u32ng Wed 19-Jun-13 06:36:18

Good idea - I'll maybe just try him on one then & see how it goes! He is quite an eager feeder & prone to choking on his milk occasionally so it could be interesting!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now