Still leakin milk

(7 Posts)
GemLWilcox Mon 17-Jun-13 19:13:44

I dnt breastfed but ive been leakin milk for 5mnths ever since my baby was born.Surely I shld of stopped leakin by now & sometimes my breasts get really tender & sore.I feel like im going 2 b wearin breast pads forever

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 17-Jun-13 21:52:40

Poor you. I have no idea if this is normal or not, but hopefully this will bump for you smile

GemLWilcox Thu 20-Jun-13 19:18:57

I dnt think it is normal think I may have 2 speak 2 my health visitor.My oldest daughters grandma said I shldnt still b leakin milk

Anywhere from a few days to 6 weeks.

If you haven't been pumping at all or releasing the milk in any other way, it should've stopped by now.

I'd go to see your doctor and see what they suggest - they may give you something that halts the supply for you.

GemLWilcox Wed 26-Jun-13 18:27:41

With my oldest daughter it stopped a wk after I had her I have a doc appointment 2moro so hopefully they can do somethin

nohalfmeasures Wed 26-Jun-13 18:30:25

Lol! I had milk for years after DS2. Never enough for a letdown but it was there. Went to the doc eventually but they didn't give me any treatment as it wasn't bothering me/leaking etc. They just told me to stop checking

GemLWilcox Thu 27-Jun-13 19:45:14

I dnt want it that long lol & the doc is referin me 2 breast clinic for a scan 2 make sure everythings fine she said part of my right breast felt really hard & also had 2 have some blood tests.Was wantin some advice on another thing my little one is nearly 6mnths she was refluxing her milk for 6wks so I changed her formula 2 aptamil she seemed ok but lately shes started bringin it up when she burps.She blows off a lot I spoke 2 health visitor she said 2 try her on aptamil comfort.So was wonderin if may b I shld try changing again as I been told by people if u change milk 2 often it can affect their stomach

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now