Challenging nursing behavior

(7 Posts)
ellangirl Thu 23-May-13 14:46:19

Did I say weeks? I meant days. Definitely only a couple of days. Maybe grin

Good to know its probably teething related, but I hope it goes sooner than a couple of weeks. She's driving me nuts!

ellangirl Wed 22-May-13 13:10:04

My dd did this, I got mastitis around the same time due to getting blocked ducts. She just wasn't feeding effectively. I put it down to teething, and it sorted itself out. A week or two later the behaviour stopped and it was pain free again.

I think so - everything is constantly in her mouth, fingers and getting gnawed, and I think I can feel the tip of a bottom incisor.

Eskino Wed 22-May-13 06:12:09

Is she teething?

Tell a lie - she's just woken and has done it the while way through the feed :/

Dd is 20 weeks (time has flown!), and in the last few days has been a nightmare to nurse.

She has developed a bad habit of pushing on my breast with her top hand, whilst arching her head away for maximum pain for me!

The milk is there. I have tried hand expressing so she's not getting impatient for a let down. She generally does it after let down, though, once it's getting more to a comfort feed rather than actively feeding.

I have just replaced boob with dummy as she was doing it a lot there, and she's fallen asleep almost instantly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now