12 wo DD2 barely fed today

(4 Posts)
WouldBeHarrietVane Tue 21-May-13 19:48:43

Could have been a short nursing strike - has she just had jabs? My DS refused to feed on one side after these as his leg was very sore and he couldn't be in any position which put pressure on it.

haloflo Tue 21-May-13 19:18:23

Thank you for your reply. Her temp is ok and she has since fed at 5 and 7. currently smiling at me.

I have no idea what happened this morning but hopefully things will be easier now we seem back on track.

Pozzled Tue 21-May-13 16:14:40

Have you checked her temperature? Definitely sounds as though something is up. Is she still having wet nappies? Keep a close eye on how many wet nappies she has, and check that her fontanelle isn't sunken. If in doubt get her seen- young babies can get dehydrated quickly, and IME hcps are always very happy to check with little ones.

haloflo Tue 21-May-13 16:08:12

She fed at 2am, small feed 4am, midday, 2 and is refusing now. She screams when I offer the breast but seems to have a hungry cry. I offered the second she woke from her nap. She seems well in herself and up til now fed every 2-3 hours during the day with 1 or 2 night feeds between 8pm and 6am. I haven't used a bottle yet but that too was refused in the nightmare morning we had. She hasn't slept a great deal today but the last nap was about an hour. I'm currently rocking her whilst DD1 watches cbeebies.

This is stressful. DP home in an hour. I can't wait.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now