Preparing formula for a day trip- 5 month old

(10 Posts)
Hermionewastherealhero Tue 21-May-13 09:02:08

I take a flask, works great.
Though my son is on comfort too and is fine to have a carton every so often

batteryhen Tue 21-May-13 08:42:42

I would take a flask. My DS is on 7oz so I make up a bottle of 4oz of cooled water, then when I make it up I top it up to 7 oz with the hot water from the flask. That is about the right temperature and if it's a bit hot then find a loo and cool it under the cold tap xx

DoingTheSwanThing Tue 21-May-13 08:36:52

Also know nothing, but anyway...

Would a cafe put some boiling water in a bottle?

Also Trafford Centre has a little station in the food hall with a bottle warmer & microwave, could you boil in microwave then wait for it to cool?

Mehrida Tue 21-May-13 08:05:26

I found as he got older he was better able to cope with the normal milk in that the colic subsided. The sick really kicked off though so I went to the GP, who prescribed Gaviscon. That helped the reflux soooo much. Totally recommend that but probs not much help for your immediate problem, sorry!

Tagz269 Mon 20-May-13 22:50:31

@beckslovestimmy
How much hot water to cold do you use?

beckslovestimmy Mon 20-May-13 21:30:12

Do you use a flask of hot water to warm up your pre made bottles? If so take the powder with you mix it with a little of the hot water from the flask to kill the bugs/dissolve the milk and then top up with cold water so its the right temperature to drink. I find the water stays very very hot in the flask for ages. smile

Cleanandclothed Mon 20-May-13 19:15:19

Could you add powdered gaviscon to normal formula? Disclaimer - I know nothing about this, just wondering.

Tagz269 Mon 20-May-13 19:09:26

Haha! That's what I'm worried about! The reflux coming back!! No were going to a shopping centre/mall which is very far away from us.
Does swapping back to the non comfort make them ill again?
Thanks

Mehrida Mon 20-May-13 18:02:58

Are you going somewhere you could make it fresh? I had little pots for putting the formula in and would merrily boil the kettle at my friends'/relatives' houses to make it there.

Or if there wasn't that choice I'd just take a carton of the non-comfort version as a one-off. and deal with the extra puke

Tagz269 Mon 20-May-13 17:03:46

Hi,
I am looking for some advice! My dd is on comfort and that only comes in a powder form. I have been making feeds in advance and keeping in fridge which is fine however I am going out for the whole day and cannot take these in cool bag as they are only good for 4 hrs!!
What do other people do?

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now