Agonizing pain when not feeding after months of pain free BF.

(8 Posts)
ToffeeWhirl Wed 22-May-13 12:05:26

Did the pain stay away, Hello? Hope it's all better now.

ToffeeWhirl Sun 19-May-13 03:52:16

Weird how DHs always sleep through, isn't it? angry

I'm glad the pain has gone. Hope you get some sleep. Definitely visit your GP on Monday if it comes back.

HelloBear Sun 19-May-13 03:45:20

Pain now gone, bizarre. Though it may be that the drugs have kicked in.

Right going to attempt to get some sleep (though can hear that baby is now awake and my DH is sleeping through it!)

Thanks again, will just have to see how I go and get myself to Drs on Monday if needs be.

ToffeeWhirl Sun 19-May-13 03:38:24

<unearths ancient memories>

Actually, I think the GP may have also given me cream to put on my nipples, but it's several years ago now, so I'm not quite sure.

ToffeeWhirl Sun 19-May-13 03:37:01

I'm afraid the treatment for thrush in your nipples is breastfeeding, as the milk heals it. It was agony and I used to sing loudly to distract myself.

How is the pain now?

HelloBear Sun 19-May-13 03:29:10

Cheers for the reply toffee. Did you get treatment for thrush if so what?

The odd thing is I have just fed DS and it makes the pain better. Normally I would think that this is a blocked duct as feeding can make that better but it just feels different to blocked ducts.

ToffeeWhirl Sun 19-May-13 03:18:26

I would have said mastitis, but you say it's not that. I have had thrush in my nipples when breastfeeding and it was seriously painful (like broken glass), but I only felt the pain when breastfeeding. However, having just googled, I find you can get 'ductal thrush', which causes deeper pain (link here). Could it be that?

I'm so sorry you are in so much pain.

HelloBear Sun 19-May-13 03:11:19

Help! I am sat up at 3am with horrific pain in my left breast, so painful it woke me up. It is deep in the breast and feels like it is throbbing through my ducts (the only way to describe it).

My DS is 7 months old and EBF, we have had no problems latch wise for months now. It is not mastitus, as I am very familiar with the symptoms of mastitus and know it is not that.

It seriously is painful, I have had paracetamol and ibroprofen and I am still gasping in pain.

Any ideas?

The only other idea I have is thrush?

F**K I am in pain!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now