Who cuts lip ties?

(6 Posts)

She was just under 9 weeks, and she's now 20 weeks.

melonribena Sun 19-May-13 15:15:40

Thanks everyone. I will look into both of those. How old was ur dd when she had her lt snipped?

Malcolm levinkind in London, John Roberts at cote Royd in Huddersfield. Those are the two who are consistently recommended. John did DD's Ptt and lip tie, and the lip tie is what has made the biggest difference to her nursing IMHO.

Patrick Sheehan in Manchester also does, but will only snip partially - it needs to be a full snip, and so therefore I can't recommend. He's also extremely reluctant to revise a lip tie at all.

ClimbingPenguin Sun 19-May-13 07:31:30

Dr levenkind in London, does cost around 300 though. He uses a laser, there is another in England who does it but I can't remember the details.

lurcherlover Sat 18-May-13 23:28:18

My dd has an upper lip tie as well as a tongue tie. We were referred to the tt clinic and they said they don't cut lip ties until children are older and their teeth are through, as they can affect the way they come through if they're removed early. I had one myself and had to have it removed as a 9 yr old to have a brace fitted, so dd may well end up having hers done when she's older.

melonribena Sat 18-May-13 20:07:25

My 10 mth old ds has a lip tie. He had a ptt that was divided twice. The lady who did it said she doesn't do lip ties and no one I've mentioned it to sounds bothered.

I have heard about extra decay when there's a lip tie, gaps in teeth etc, so would be keen to get it removed.

We would struggle to go private but would pay if it meant getting it sorted but I have no idea of anyone who cuts lip ties. Has anyone had their dc's lip tie removed? Where did you go?

I live in the Midlands but could travel if required. Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now