Tommee Tippee perfect prep

(53 Posts)
Charrin10 Wed 08-May-13 15:57:33

Has anyone got this? It's designed to create the perfect temperature bottle in under 2 mins (whist killing all the bacteria) very tempted to get but would like to know other mumsnet thoughts before I rush out and spend that sort of money! Thanks

laughingeyes2013 Fri 15-Nov-13 21:16:43

Oh thanks for that! I will give it a go, I can imagine it will make life a whole lot easier!

I am combined feeding and to be truthful hating it sad. But this will make it a little simpler.

NomDeClavier Fri 15-Nov-13 21:06:03

Many people do do that laughing

You need to make sure that a) you really shake the powder in so it does all get dispersed and b) you add the full correct amount of water, not just to the 6oz mark for a 6oz bottle but 6oz of water in total.

5madthings Fri 15-Nov-13 19:25:18

You can do exactly that!

Just pre measure out your cooled boiled water so you know you are using the right amount if water.

So 6oz feed, mix the powder in a bottle with 2oz HOT water, then add 4oz of cooled boiled water, give a good shake and it it a 6oz feed pretty much the right temp.

laughingeyes2013 Fri 15-Nov-13 19:18:54

The machine works by giving a shot of hot water to mix the formula (killing off bacteria) and then adding cooler sterile water to make it the perfect temperature in no time at all.

If that's the case, what's to stop anyone boiling a kettle and mixing a small amount with formula and then adding previously cooled water from the fridge so you don't have to wait?

I've never had to exclusively FF so don't know, but have just started combined feeding so would be interested if anyone could enlighten me.

TakingTheStairs Wed 13-Nov-13 15:24:51

I've bought one of these machines and was also initially confused that the made up formula seems to be far more than you would think it would be, but it is exactly what Trishstar said.
If you made up the bottle without powder, the water measures exactly right. It's the addition of the powder that increases the volume.

If you were making up the bottle from a kettle, you'd measure the water into the bottle first and then add the powder. This would give you the same volume as the perfect prep machine, it just does it in a different order.

joanna0211marie Sun 28-Jul-13 20:32:01

I bought one of these and it is the best thing I have ever bought! I would recommend this definitely, takes all the hassle away and removes the temptation of making bottles up for the night feeds because it's ready before the serious crying starts x

Dadsnet2013 Sat 27-Jul-13 11:17:31

Thanks for response TRishstar, I will give it a go.

Trishstar Fri 26-Jul-13 11:57:20

Dads, my machine measures perfectly. Try running it and don't add formula and hopefully you will see it measures correctly. It's the adding of the formula that turns the water into milk therefore increasing the volume.

My DS has 7oz/210ml bottles which made in the machine come out at 225/230ml

Dadsnet2013 Fri 26-Jul-13 11:29:16

Hello, have just purchased perfect prep machine in the hope it would make life easier and reduce any risks in preparating feeds for our twins. Have used over last 24 hours and consistent discrepancies in quantity of feeds from each machine run and when compared to kettle/manual method!

It has in fact created more problems and we have been concerned that our 4oz feeds with 4oz worth of powder are coming out at 5oz and therefore babies not getting correct amounts.

I am now cleaning machine to return it which I haven't really got time for, I would have hoped for the money this machine would be more accurate and will be returning to the kettle method!

Dobby14 Wed 19-Jun-13 09:06:49

Hi All

When making bottles we are supposed to measure water by mls and powder by scoops therefore 150 ml should have 5 scoops that's what it says on the box. That's why might be showing extra 5 mls

holymoly83 Mon 17-Jun-13 23:06:09
Trishstar Thu 30-May-13 09:49:30

Mine measures perfectly but is now leaking! Just emailed them x

Bkwes Thu 30-May-13 09:41:30

Just saw this and wanted to say I'm having exactly the same problem as Charrin - measuring over by at least 0.5oz when I use this machine. Mine is also from Amazon. I've given DS these bottles as I didn't notice the measurement was out at first and he doesn't seem to be bothered but not ideal as I want to know I'm giving him what he needs. Considering adding an extra bit of formula to compensate as that's what we would be doing if using a kettle? I'm using TT bottles so can't believe they're not measuring perfectly!

Trishstar Sat 18-May-13 19:44:58

So mine arrived today and measures perfectly! So pleased!

It does exactly what it says on the tin! Can't believe it!!!

Charrin sorry yours didn't seem to work xx

Charrin10 Wed 15-May-13 12:15:38

Ok my new one arrived.... And it's exactly the same!!! Maybe it is just me! I've done exactly as the instructions said and it's still 0.5 oz over or 8-10ml

For those that have them and are using tommee tippee bottles do you mind letting me know if yours is over by that much? Just by pressing the buttons and not adding formula? Mainly for peace of mind because I'm just not happy using it at the mo! Thanks!

Trishstar Tue 14-May-13 17:56:42

Ooh thanks for reporting back! Least it seems to be a one off!! Xxx

Charrin10 Tue 14-May-13 17:39:54

Update: TT came back to me and said after testing several machines they couldn't find any that showed an extra 0.5 oz and believe it may be a fault with my machine and asked for me to send it to them. In the meantime I contacted amazon who asked me to return it foc and I would get a full refund so I'm sending it back tomorrow.

In the meantime babies r us have the same machine on offer £66!) non in stock in my local stores but available for delivery so have ordered another one with next day delivery ( found a £5 off code) so fingers crossed I won't have the same problem again!!

Jsa1980 Mon 13-May-13 21:16:30

Measuring in fl oz. he's on 5 fl oz per bottle. I got mine from Toys R Us though not Amazon, not sure if that makes any difference or not.

dizzy77 Mon 13-May-13 20:12:21

We got this Bosch kettle when DS was small, and set it to 80c (sterilisation point) for doing bottles. I see its half the (full) price of the TT appliance and still functions for us as a kettle now he's weaned.

We were in the market for a new kettle anyway as we'd had our kitchen redone and now use the lower temp settlings for hot chocolate, herbal tea etc. if you're looking for a bottle appliance is recommend it: you still have to measure but we just used another (clean) bottle for that.

Charrin10 Mon 13-May-13 20:05:14

Really Jsa? Mm maybe just a problem with mine then!

Trishstar Mon 13-May-13 18:20:06

Mine should arrive tomorrow! Xx

Trishstar Mon 13-May-13 18:19:43

Jsa do you measure in ml's? I currently use ml's not oz

Jsa1980 Mon 13-May-13 18:15:15

I'm confused, mine seems to be measuring fine

5318008 Mon 13-May-13 15:42:22

gosh quick response from TT, and thank you ever so much for updating; I'll bet there are hundreds of lurkers wanting answers from your leg-work smile

Charrin10 Mon 13-May-13 15:40:55

Quick update, TT have acknowledged my concerns and are going to test a range of machines to see if there is a problem and will get back to me tomorrow

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now