So ready to stop....but DD has other ideas

(31 Posts)
Babygirlpw Thu 02-May-13 11:00:48

My dd is 6.5 months. She refuses to drink from a bottle, sippy cup, etc.

She used to drink breast milk from a bottle on the occasion but now point blank refuses. She won't touch formulahmm

I am so ready to give up bf. I no longer enjoy it, and find myself in tears when I think about having to carry on.

I feel awful for feeling this way, and am worried that it will affect my relationship with my DD as she picks up on my feelings. Not sure why I'm posting-just hoping it helps to write it down.

Be good to know I'm not the only one to feel this way?!

roamingwest Mon 06-May-13 23:23:44

Lazaroo, did you find she woke up lots more for feeds at night? We're you giving ebm or formula in the cup?

lazzaroo Tue 07-May-13 01:15:24

I don't remember that being the case. It's been 3 years so my memory may be playing tricks! We used the ready made cartons of formula. I remember offering her often during the day, so it wasn't really like she had particular feed times. But she was always a little and often drinker as she had reflux. To be honest, it was a massive relief when she could start eating and drinking while upright as we had a few feeding issues.

I seem to remember we had most success with a nuby cup. Although I have a tommee Tippee cup to start trying dd2 with.

Signet2012 Tue 07-May-13 01:25:24

I have a 8 month old bottle refuser. I'm going to be doing two night shifts as of next week. She still wakes up two hourly for a feed!
I've tried tomy tippe, Avent, nuk, medula. The only bottle I've found that works is breastflow bottles. They are pricey but its really bizarre the way the teat works.
She only drinks about 3-4 ounces and that's took some perservance but we are getting there.

I intend on mix feeding but what I would give for a solid nights sleep!!!

bangersmashandbeans Tue 07-May-13 02:05:27

I just wanted to give some encouragement that I have just got my bottle refuser to give in! I tried a minimum of once a day for over 6 weeks (stubborn moi?!) and tried all the tricks and different teats etc and this week it's like he just gave in! He was a bit hungry but not to the point of screaming, it was a breastflow bottle (but he's since been happy with TT closer to nature) and I gave it to him slightly warmer than I was happy with. And he just got on with it! So don't despair just keep trying everyday and fingers crossed you'll have the same result.

abigboydidit Tue 07-May-13 07:25:52

For those of you offering milk really warm, do you just accept lots of waste or do you re-heat BM?

abigboydidit Tue 07-May-13 07:26:32

Oh and hello emsjy smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now