Webchat with Green Party leader Natalie Bennett, Wednesday at 1pm x

Am feeding dd3 (2.6) at bedtime & occasionally other time. Unavailable for possibly 2 weeks...

(4 Posts)
Oodsigma Thu 02-May-13 02:41:22

Thanks.
It's not me that's ill it's DS (7 weeks) who is EBF so I can't leave him. She's not been able to visit because he was contagious so I've been seeing her briefly in the corridor & didn't want to feed as I was scared of passing bugs on.
Now he's not contagious she can come in at least but I think she prob wont ask unless its a normal wanting a feed time.
When DS was born she missed 2 nights but picked up when we came home but 2 weeks is different.
It's not a bad thing if she doesn't want it but hate that she didn't choose IYSWIM.

At a similar age DS chose not to feed at bedtime while we were on holiday for a week, then restarted when we got home (and is still feeding at 4). I think that routine plays a part, and if you are not there to do bedtime your DD might be less bothered about feeding, but will then remember when you get home.

Good luck with it all x

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 01-May-13 22:53:04

Poor you, hope you get better soon. Think only time will see on this one unfortunately.

Oodsigma Tue 30-Apr-13 15:55:40

Will she give up? I don't want to give up like this as it seems forced( I'm in hospital & can't leave DS as he is bf) but on the other hand the plan was she would cut down over the next few months.

There will still be milk there and she has always been v keen but will she forget?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now