New study looks at bedsharing

(7 Posts)
hazchem Mon 29-Apr-13 21:10:53

This is just for the press release but this study looks at bed sharing being safe and also useful for encouraging breastfeeding.
media.murdoch.edu.au/new-recommendations-in-bedsharing-debate
I'm brimming with pride as it's from my Uni

MrsFoodie Tue 30-Apr-13 11:40:20

Didn't bed share ds , due to fear of SIDS now 5 month pregnant and really looking into the risks in more detail and think this time round I will get a bedside cot.. Its seems like blanket advice (excuse the pun), not to share with out explaining to people where the risks are..

WouldBeHarrietVane Tue 30-Apr-13 14:52:23

We love co sleeping now (DS nearly 2) and it just seems to natural smile

Until he was around 6 months I had him in the bed nest, which worked really well.

sparklekitty Tue 30-Apr-13 16:03:40

Yay! I knew my gut feeling about cosleeping were right.

Big fat raspberry in the face of my HV and friends who pull cat bum mouth that my 7mo is still in our bed!

aufaniae Tue 30-Apr-13 16:13:25

That's great news. Am really looking forward to telling the HV we're co-sleeping now smile

Think I'll print off a copy of the article for her if I can get it (I'm at uni so can probably get it online).

Exhaustipated Tue 30-Apr-13 16:21:30

This is great to see.

I noticed that between the births of my son (three years ago) and my daughter there was a noticeable shift towards a negative view of bedsharing amongst MWs, HVs etc. A real shame sad

BramshawHill Thu 02-May-13 10:07:12

Finally something to direct my in-laws to when they tell me co-sleeping is creating a rod for my own back!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now