Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career x

16 month old wakes up everytime I drift off

(5 Posts)
macromama Mon 29-Apr-13 04:03:32

Hello, please help. I have bed shared with my daughter from day one. She is now 16 months. We have night weaned her for the 3rd time due to my own exhaustion with feeding her 5 times a night. Now I have the problem of her crying out everytime I fall to sleep. It happens the moment I drift off. I feel like I'm being tortured. It can happen up to 10 times a night. So now I am stuck. I can't feed her back to sleep and she won't let me sleep either. I can't find any information online about it. Even if I try and sleep in the other room she does it. I'm thinking about starting to feed her again in the night as I can't get her back to sleep easily anymore. Maybe she just isn't ready for night weaning. The problem is we have night weaned her twice before and everytime I have suffered from depression. I don't think I could go through that again. She seems to be more whiny and clingey in the day too. Maybe I should just start feeding her again. I'm so confused and miserable with all this. Please help!! DOes anyone have an experience with their baby waking up everytime they fall asleep?? I'm losing my mind.

MooseBeTimeForSpring Mon 29-Apr-13 04:50:41

Hmm. At 16 months she could be having a sleep regression. Do you have a DP/DH who could try and get her back to sleep.

I'm afraid I'm not going to be a great deal of help. I'm co sleeping with 16 month old DS. He's still waking a couple of times a night. Some nights I'm straight back to sleep. Others I can be awake for so long I'm nodding off just before he wakes again or I keep myself awake because I know he'll be waking soon sad

Did you suffer from depression because of the night weaning or when you started feeding her at night again?

If I was you I would start feeding her again, at least 5 times a night with an easy way to get her to sleep again is better than 10 times without that tool?

macromama Mon 29-Apr-13 20:13:35

Thank you both for your replies! Is there a sleep regression at 16 months? I got depression from the dip in hormones after night weaning.

I should have explained more clearly. She just cries out as soon as I drift off. She doesn't really wake up and she's not distressed. She's just realising that I'm drifting off and lets out a moan. It's very strange and its driving me mad!!

I've booked her in to see a cranial osteopath so hopefully he can reset her nerves.

I would like to feed her once in the night. I really miss feeding her but I also remember getting so completely exhausted from feeding her all night. Maybe if I can just feed her once it'll can her and we can all sleep better......

macromama Mon 29-Apr-13 20:15:50

I mean calm her, NOt can her smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now