Ebf twins!!

(26 Posts)
Cheeka Sat 27-Apr-13 19:28:31

Hi-I'm currently ebf my 6 week old twins. I'm doing block feeding, assigning one boob per twin and then switching the next day. I'm assuming the twins are on a growth spurt because they seem to be feeding every other hour. My question is, am I producing enough milk? One twin seems hungrier today so I've given her the other twin's breast but now he's waking up and I'm worried that she's draining it dry..not sure what to do now-take her off and latch her back onto her original breast? and then latch the boy twin on 'his'newly freed but not so full breast?!?my mum is muttering about them being hungry and needing more, ie formula top up...

Arseface Sun 28-Apr-13 23:58:04

I so miss the co sleeping night feeds I had with my older DCs. Although I do end up with one or other in bed with me for cuddles it's not the same as snuggling down for the night with a singleton.

One of the nicest bits of bfing was being able to doze through the night feeds but I'm finding mine wanting to feed at the same times at night so have to sit up and feed them together while struggling to keep my eyes open.

These are my last babies as DH is booked in for the snip tomorrow (and am far too old to be having any more!) so am determined to make the most of it.

Great tips here too. Am going to take cushions up to put under the wings of the feeding pillow tonight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now