My baby is not taking feeds

(102 Posts)
Summerlover Fri 26-Apr-13 15:18:21

Hi to all lovely Mums,

I am very new to mumsnet and in disparate need of help.

To start with I wanted to exclusively breast feed my chicken but he had jaundice when he was 10 days old and was in hospital for a night. There in the hospital the doctors put him on Aptamil and when he was discharged adviced us to do mixed feeding. Then he was diagnosed with severe reflux which he has until now. Can breast milk cause reflux?

My LO took just 270 mls yesterday and until now just 120 mls after loads of struggle. He is 4 months old I am really worried and stressed what shall I do?

Please help.

noblegiraffe Sun 26-May-13 13:32:16

So sorry things are still tough for you, and I hope that the paediatrician can figure out a long term solution.

Enjoy your day off, make sure you get out of the house otherwise you will feel on edge listening in and waiting to be called. Are you still bfing at all?

Summerlover Sun 26-May-13 19:44:20

Did go out it was such a beautiful day. Struggled with feeding LO. I am some what bfing because ds won't take breast during day time so, I try to do that at nights.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now