Question about Madela Swing...

(6 Posts)
mumtosp Fri 26-Apr-13 22:32:06

Thanks all smile)

I finally did manage to dry out the tubing and successfully had my first pumping session smile
Don't think I will be washing the tubing unless it has some milk in it...

McBaby Fri 26-Apr-13 06:17:55

I only sterilise tube when it gets full of milk which seems to happen to me when batteries are running low.

duchesse Thu 25-Apr-13 23:30:05

You only need to wash it if it gets milk in it- that's what it said in my instructions. The tubing can be sterilised if need be but tbh only air goes through it in theory so it's fine not washed.

Have you tried swinging the pipes round and round in the air to get rid of excess water? (make sure no-one else is around or you'll have their eye out though!)

WouldBeHarrietVane Thu 25-Apr-13 23:27:04

Check the instructions, but pretty sure mine said just to wash and sterilise tubing if milk went into it.

I can only go by what I do, but I've never washed the tubing. No milk gets in there, so I figured its fine. I'm probably a slattern, though.

mumtosp Thu 25-Apr-13 22:19:22

Hi all,

Just received my Madela Swing pump and I had a question about the tubing.... does it need to be washed after every use ?? Since it is only used for pumping and doesn't come in contact with breast milk, I would have thought that it doesn't need washing unless some milk has managed to escape into the tubing...??

Only asking as it seems to be taking ages to dry out once washed !!

Thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now