Keep pressure off nipples/ boobs under clothes?

(5 Posts)
fhdl34 Thu 25-Apr-13 15:46:39

Another here that's used breast shells, got mine free with the boots parenting club

KD0706 Wed 24-Apr-13 23:46:20

Second vote for breast shells.

McBaby Wed 24-Apr-13 21:07:10

I found something moist and healing like multi mam compresses or jelonet was bearable.

Breast shells do collect drips but they also give a large gap for healing. I loved mine when I was suffering. Messy but comfortable.

Get well soon.

CityDweller Wed 24-Apr-13 20:49:41

We're getting there with breastfeeding, but due to mastitis and latch issues my boobs/nips are sore enough that any pressure from nursing bra/ clothes is agonising. I'm managing now as dd is only 10 days old and I'm staying indoors with my boobs hanging out! But I have to venture out soon as DH is going back to work

Is there something I can put between boob and bra to keep the pressure off and give nips a bit of space to continue healing while I'm out and about? I looked up breast shells, but it seems they're for collecting breast milk? Maybe I could just use nipple shields, although that'd give me giant-looking nips under my clothes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now