overwhelmed and a bit caught out by feelings

(13 Posts)
Raspberrysorbet Tue 23-Apr-13 19:14:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MyNameIsAnAnagram Tue 23-Apr-13 19:18:19

Nopegrin of course you are emotional, it's the end of an era. Congratulations on a job well done smile

Raspberrysorbet Tue 23-Apr-13 19:21:27

zadie78 Tue 23-Apr-13 19:24:48

I felt just like you do too. Even now I could get a bit sad about it if I let myself, and our youngest is now 5.....

Have a little wallow, why not?

flowers

knitterati Tue 23-Apr-13 19:25:24

I think I'll be dropping the morning and bedtime milk for DD1 (13m) soon. Fully expecting to be a hormonal, milky mess. Chin up OP and have that extra glass of wine you can now have!

Raspberrysorbet Tue 23-Apr-13 19:27:47

Raspberrysorbet Tue 23-Apr-13 19:28:08

flipflopson5thavenue Thu 25-Apr-13 10:17:08

DS is 9mo and still bf on demand. I go back to work in 4 months and my work pattern will mean I will leave the house before he wakes up. I am in denial at the thought of how I will cope without giving him his morning feed when he wakes up :-(( Am sure he'll be fine and he'll be over 13mo then so who knows, he may not be having much anyway, or will be happy with milk from a cup/bottle from DP, but the thought of it now breaks my heart.

I think its normal to be bereft and to miss it when its over. I guess that's why we keep having more babies :-)

Limelight Sun 28-Apr-13 16:36:44

Oh it's really tough. If it makes you feel any better, here's how I reacted. WARNING PISSED AND EMOTIONAL KLAXON

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/breast_and_bottle_feeding/1417283-Goodbye-to-all-that

WouldBeHarrietVane Sun 28-Apr-13 19:46:16

I think it's so normal to feel like that - it shows what a cosy and lovely time it was.

I'm sending you some thanks for a job well done!

amazingface Sun 28-Apr-13 21:35:03

Oh god, I still feel a bit like this and I stopped two months ago when dd was 13months. (Hence me lurking on the bf board like some weirdo hmm). I think people don't talk about this enough, actually, because it's not a very 'rational' emotion so we feel like we're being silly?

As if ration ever comes into anything involving having children grin

MumOfTheMoos Sun 28-Apr-13 22:03:51

My DS went on a nursing strike at 11.5mths, 6 weeks ago and I now know he's not going to be feeding again. He of course is happy as anything with his guernsey cows milk in a straw cup!

I am so sad that he's finished feeding though I know that it was always going to have to happen - we had such a struggle to start as he had tongue tie and could never latch until he had it snipped at 4 weeks and then we were off!

Of everything, since DS was born, breast feeding has been the most highly charged emotional thing - I was distraught when I couldn't feed him when he was first born and am heartbroken that its over.

But for 11 months I had the most wonderful experience of breastfeeding him and I have to keep reminding myself of that!

Springforward Sun 28-Apr-13 22:08:49

I felt like that when DS stopped at 23 months, even though it was only a bedtime feed and I chose to end it by replacing it with a cup of warm cow's milk and an extra story. It's the end of an era, I think it's normal to feel sad. Be kind to yourself for a bit OP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now