On a very hot, sunny day...

(7 Posts)
dontmeanto Tue 23-Apr-13 17:23:01

Does baby need cool water or anything besides breastmilk? Its just I can't imagine tucking into my body-temperature warm boob can be very cooling!

midori1999 Tue 23-Apr-13 17:32:47

Not if they are under 6 months and not on solids, probably not even if they are over 6 months and on solids.

Your baby will feed accordingly and IIRC, your body temperature adjusts slightly to accommodate breastfeeding too.

dontmeanto Tue 23-Apr-13 17:44:35

Wow, it's magical! Haha, thanks so much for quick response. She's 8 weeks nearly.

MyNameIsAnAnagram Tue 23-Apr-13 20:44:19

You will probably find she just feeds a lot more frequently when it's hot.

She won't - you will though! smile

Emily28 Wed 24-Apr-13 10:01:30

And remember: in England is not THAT hot.
Imagine moms with young babies in southern spain for example...it gets up to 40 there! I would say just dress her a bit lighter and put her where there is a slight (NOT DIRECT) breeze. As long as weather is less than 26degrees, should be completely fine.

dontmeanto Thu 25-Apr-13 10:25:22

Emily I am originally from Texas, so I KNOW heat! Last time I went home in the summer, my DS was 1 at the time. He came out in the worst heat rash. I felt awful! Wasn't breastfeeding him by then, though, so wasn't sure. Thanks for all replies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now