Getting LO to take EBM at 5.5 months

(3 Posts)
leedy Thu 25-Apr-13 18:48:45

Bumping to say that today DS spurned yet another bottle, but drank an ounce of EBM from a doidy cup! He sort of lapped at it and a certain amount ended up on his bib, but he seemed to "get" it straight away.

runs off singing about freedom, etc.

leedy Fri 19-Apr-13 20:01:25

Watching with interest as DS2 is the same age and after taking a bottle reasonably happily about a month ago has now become a total refusenik. Today my mum tried him with a bottle of EBM and he just chewed it. sad

Limpit80 Fri 19-Apr-13 19:29:22

Hi.
My LO is 5 months at the moment and is EBF, Ive only left him twice for about 3 hours each time since he was born. He has taken a small amount of EBM then and on a handful of other occasions (to practice really), but doesnt seem to really know what to do with the bottle.
We are going to a wedding in May and my mum is coming to look after LO (Ill be gone about 5 hours), but would like some advice on the best way to prepare him, so he doesnt have a meltdown on my mum! Should I parctice and get OH to give him a bottle regularly over the next few weeks? Or should I not bother with the bottle now and just introduce a cup? Is it best to give him EBM when he's hungry or just before to stop frustration? Thanks in advance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now