How to stay awake during night feeds part 9!!

(1000 Posts)
MrsNPattz Thu 11-Apr-13 05:50:11

A nice shiny new thread!

abi2790 Tue 14-May-13 00:40:37

He's 23 weeks larle so a little bit older than your ds I think?

We've been up twice since my last post. DP managed to rock him back to sleep earlier without me feeding him but he woke up again so here I am feeding him back to sleep.

Anypants Tue 14-May-13 02:38:41

B*gger. Serves me right. Up for the first feed now instead of 5am. Hope this is it until 8am, or i'm going to need an extra large brew

SoYo Tue 14-May-13 02:52:37

Evening all. Finally got her to sleep at 11, couple of wakes for whinges then back to sleep & now poo-meltdown-feed.

Anyone for brew <puts kettle on>. I'll have a large coffee with amaretto. Mmmmm.

Anypants Tue 14-May-13 03:25:15

Make mine a double espresso. WW choccy digestive? <offers them round> Not as nice as the real thing, but you can have more grin

Anypants Tue 14-May-13 03:53:45

So, fed her, changed her (shpuld have just left her...), wouldn't settle back down so went back to feeding her. Still going. Total 1 hr. Very unusual for this time of night. Hope she finishes soon as I've run out if biscuits and the sun's coming up envy

lazzaroo Tue 14-May-13 06:31:07

Morning all! Pretty usual (awful!) night with little lazza. At least toddler lazza slept all night.

She pretty much fell asleep after sniffing the boob at first feed. So, I really should try harder to settle her then without feeding. After that she didn't settle properly in cot so was in with me. She was quite windy, so I tried her on her front & she slept like that for about 3 hours (I think....it's all becoming a bit of a blur!). But after about 4am the only way to keep her asleep was let her lie within sniffing distance of boob!

She's a bit snotty this morning. So now have that to throw into the mix!

Emilythornesbff Tue 14-May-13 06:35:13

Hey.
Haven't read through yet. Eyes too blurry.

Babythorne slept pretty well,woke for 2 feeds but cosleeping prevents all those transfer fails. Ds up since 5:40.
Happy days.

larlemucker Tue 14-May-13 06:37:32

Second feed here, up at 2 and now so not too bad. Hoping he will go back to sleep though!!

Want to try and put him back in his cot to sleep but don't want to go back to waking every hour! Also I love snuggling with him, he sleeps with my arm under his head/neck. There is going to be a day when he won't cuddle me anymore so want to get as many in now as I can!!

I can offer WW sultana and cinnamon or ginger crunch cookies or peanut butter bar

MrsNPattz Tue 14-May-13 07:20:45

Rubbish night here - he was in with me from first wake so it's a bit of a blur but he woke a lot!!

Hi Goat - sorry you are still having terrible nights, you are definitely due some sleepy dust!!

Larle it sounds like your nights have really improved smile

Abi which flavour did you have?

WW and Water Babies today - if I can stay awake!!

Emilythornesbff Tue 14-May-13 08:33:49

Well done larle
Sorry you've had bad nights mrsn and lazz

Emilythornesbff Tue 14-May-13 08:35:34

Well done larle
Sorry you've had bad nights mrsn and lazz and abi (oh and anyone on previous page grin

abi2790 Tue 14-May-13 09:34:45

I think we had a better night. We finally got a 4 hour stretch after lots of hourly wakings. I think it's more than likely a growth spurt and I'm going to give him another week before trying solids. Does anyone have any recommendations on weaning books? Is the Gill Rapley one the best?

lazzaroo Tue 14-May-13 11:51:33

Been to clinic. All good, weighing 15lb 5oz & back up to 75th percentile. Probably the result of her (never-ending!) growth spurt!

H/v quite rightly (but not helpfully!) pointed out that we should expect night wakings at least until 6 months, often longer, & accepting it often makes it easier. I do agree actually, it's just the crap settling between feeds that's doing me in!

Not sure about books abi. depends if you're going puree or blw route or bit of both. We had to spoon feed dd1 as she literally would never put anything in her own mouth! She was like a little baby bird! Don't think we'll hav that problem this time so will probably mix the 2.

MrsNPattz Tue 14-May-13 11:55:03

I lost 1lb!

Sounds like your hv is very sensible Larle!

Abi yes it depends what your plans are weaning wise, but would definitely recommend Gill Rapley for Baby Led Weaning!

BrainGoneAwol Tue 14-May-13 13:00:53

Hello all, thought I'd drop by and see how things are if there are any cakes
We're down to 2 feeds (usually) between 7 and 7 so it's manageable smile. Wanted to also share that I cracked ds' inexplicable stomach pain/gas problem. I stopped taking my post natal supplements. Weird but I've not taken them for a week and he's not done any of his back arching etc on transfer since then.

Anyway, sleepy dust for you all tonight

lazzaroo Tue 14-May-13 18:25:42

Been thinking little lazza has come down with cold today but just spotted 3 suspicious spots while in the bath! Hoping it's just a coincidence! Just settling down for night time feed. Have good evenings all.

Anypants Tue 14-May-13 18:58:08

Last feed before bed now and hoping for a good night. Checked my 'captain's' log earlier and it was only a week and a half between DD having a bottle and then refusing. Can she really forget.that quickly? Am praying that the new bottles will change her mind and will hopefully pop in to the bf support group tomorrow morning for advice. One day off, that's all I want. C'mon babypants... confused

abi2790 Tue 14-May-13 20:46:59

Ds is finally in his cot smile. He's been less ravenous today so I'm hoping this growth spurt is coming to an end and we get a lovely, long sleep tonight! Definitely an early night for me tonight if ds allows it!.

Spreading lots of sleepy dust to our wakeful babies and stingy-eyed mums.

Emilythornesbff Tue 14-May-13 21:33:35

larle you are so right about those precious baby cuddles.

And lazz I agree, it's the settling that's a problem.

Babythorne is on her third bedtime feed confused. I'd really like to get a shower before midnight.

any babies are fickle right?!
Goodnight. Sleepy dust and happy dreams to all.

larlemucker Tue 14-May-13 21:35:35

Baby larle STILL awake!! Had a 20 min nap earlier and that seems to have refreshed him!!

SoYo Tue 14-May-13 22:03:29

MiniYo was yawning & eye-rubbing at 7.30 so decided to try to put her to bed so I could have a bit of peace to snuggle with the dog on the sofa with a glass of wine.....still trying only now I'm trying in the hope of me going to bed too. We've had 3 feeds all with epic transfer fails & screaming fits. The poor dog has gone to bed with no cuddles & I could swear she's covering her ears with her paws!

Emilythornesbff Tue 14-May-13 22:58:31

Still awake here too. sad

Dh just commented that "all the parents" he knows (who????) say their babies slept through from a couple of weeks old.

I have no words.

brew

Emilythornesbff Tue 14-May-13 22:59:24

Well done mrsn

SoYo Wed 15-May-13 01:43:59

Really helpful Em, <accepts brew & opens pack of dark choc dipped gingers....offers around>

Less than 3hrs here to first feed, never a good indicator for the rest of the night. Pus I'm already very bleary eyed for some reason.

Newmum2013 Wed 15-May-13 01:52:49

Well ds went to bed at 10pm, woke for feed at 1230 and we still up after he was sick all over bedroom floor. Now waiting for him to fall into a deep sleep before moving him.

Don't have a good feeling about tonight!

This thread is not accepting new messages.