Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career x

How to stay awake during night feeds part 9!!

(1000 Posts)
MrsNPattz Thu 11-Apr-13 05:50:11

A nice shiny new thread!

abi2790 Wed 24-Apr-13 13:34:07

I know how you feel MrsN sad I have two house rabbits that we are looking for a new home for. I just don't have the time for them anymore. Before ds came along they could roam outside of their cage but now they have to stay in because I can't keep an eye on them. I feel really bad for them sad it's really hard to find a home for them though.

larlemucker Wed 24-Apr-13 18:09:56

Another 3.5lb off. That's 13lb altogether and I've lost 5%!!
Woo hoo!!

MrsNPattz Wed 24-Apr-13 19:15:30

That's brilliant Larle! Well done! I lost 1lb on Tues but am supposed to be maintaining so have upped my points again.

Just said goodbye to the rabbits sad will have to make it up with hubby cause I need cuddles lol blush

larlemucker Wed 24-Apr-13 19:41:59

Well done on the weight loss MrsN. Sorry to hear about the rabbits but I'm sure they will be well loved and looked after in their new home.
We're on night time feed. Went out for lunch today and DS was crying, not screaming the place down just not happy. I stood up to walk around with him and the bloke sat behind me turned and glared at me. So I said very loudly that babies cry and to get over it!! He didn't turn round again!!

Hope for better nights tonight!!

abi2790 Wed 24-Apr-13 20:38:39

Well done on the weight loss ladies! I really want to join WW. My local meeting is about 2 minutes around the corner but it's 7pm and ds' bedtime routine starts at 6 and he's not usually asleep by 8. I only want to lose a few lbs I suppose I could do that without meetings. It's just finding the willpower!

Spreading sleepy dust to all our restless babies!

MrsNPattz Wed 24-Apr-13 20:46:43

Hubby came home with flowers after taking the rabbits - he is forgiven thanks

He's just taken little man up, who doesn't seem himself - very whingy and he's been sick a few times tonight. Hope it's not a bug.

See you in the early hours I'm sure blush

Emilythornesbff Wed 24-Apr-13 21:24:08

Well done with the slimming larle and mrsn

Babythorne is sleeping on me. Preparing for transfer fail.
Hoping for a good night for all.
Em.

Emilythornesbff Wed 24-Apr-13 22:03:33

Feeding after 2 transfer fails.

Do you all change nappies with each feed?

Anypants Wed 24-Apr-13 22:22:57

Em I normally go for boob - burp - nappy change - boob - burp - transfer (once asleep on shoulder). If I don't change her or give the second half of the feed, I know i'm setting myself up for a fail. I've tried when I was really tired to try and get back to bed sooner but ended up staying awake longer when she wouldn't go down! In the middle of the night I make sure I don't say much and get it done quickly.

Emilythornesbff Wed 24-Apr-13 22:32:53

Thanks anypants I think that makes good sense.
So tired and dh is snoring away. I just want to lie down.

MrsNPattz Wed 24-Apr-13 22:50:58

Little man woken up already - Calpol in and straight back to sleep, attempting transfer!

I don't do nappy changes at night unless necessary!

larlemucker Wed 24-Apr-13 23:13:46

Normally change around 3am.
Been asleep about 30 mins and been woken up by DS. Bloody ridiculous, I NEED TO SLEEP

MrsNPattz Thu 25-Apr-13 00:56:42

Up again here, so tired

larlemucker Thu 25-Apr-13 01:44:03

2 hours sleep and we're up again. So tired. This is torture.
He has had a 3oz bottle before bed and both boobs everytime he wakes but it seems to make no difference hmmhmm

MrsNPattz Thu 25-Apr-13 03:08:39

Up AGAIN! I'm starting to wonder worry if it is his teeth or whether he is waking me up because he can't self settle back to sleep sad

abi2790 Thu 25-Apr-13 03:29:38

Sorry you've had a bad night MrsN and larle brew.

DS had a much better night going down at 7:45 and waking about 3.

I change him when he wakes up then he's awake enough to get a good feed.

Babybeesmama Thu 25-Apr-13 06:55:11

Hey everyone, sorry to hear of bad nights - here's ours to throw into the mix!

Bed at 730 (lots of wailing tho - overtired)
Up at 130 for bottle (v good stretch for us)
Back down till 4 when resettled then at 5 put him in with me (kicked DH out) and he shuffled around and was unsettled for an hour till we got up confused.

I went to bed at 8pm with awful tummy ache & feeling sick, was convinced I had DD's bug. Still had belly ache over night, just having some toast and seeing what happens.....

larlemucker Thu 25-Apr-13 08:36:06

Hope you don't have a bug amey

We were up every 2 hours again hmm at 5am I put him in bed with us and he slept till 8. Hope the lactation consultant can help today

SoYo Thu 25-Apr-13 08:55:36

I am the zombiest of all zombies.....

Feeds at 9.30/12/2/5/6.50/7.45/now

Wakes but no feeds at 1/3.30/4/6.30

larlemucker Thu 25-Apr-13 10:22:33

Bloody hell soyo, I thought I had a bad night <hugs>

MrsNPattz Thu 25-Apr-13 10:30:25

Our night was basically the same as yours Larle! Awake every 2 hours but didn't feed until after 5 in bed with me and we stayed there until 8. What's going on?? brew and biscuit for us all!

Hope you are feeling better today Amey?

We are off to walk to In Laws, then we have breast feeding group this afternoon and then I'm getting my nails done!

At work. Just want to curl under desk and sleep. Sorry for all bad nights. Soyo you win though, that's terrible. Poor you.

abi2790 Thu 25-Apr-13 13:14:04

Sorry for all the bad nights brew.

Took my boy to the doctors today and turns out he's caught a bug sad GP said his throat looks sore. He's having a good sleep now smile

Babybeesmama Thu 25-Apr-13 13:38:58

Did you get any sleep soyo? Bless you! Abi - hope little one is better soon!

I still don't feel right confused not been sick but still for tummy ache all the time, especially after eating. No other symptoms tho, wish if it was a bug it would just hurry up let me be sick & go! Wish I could curl up in bed! Xx

abi2790 Thu 25-Apr-13 14:38:55

I think he's feeling worse babybees sad. I think his teeth are really hurting him cos he wouldn't go to sleep without me letting him chew on my finger.

This thread is not accepting new messages.