How to stay awake during night feeds part 9!!

(1000 Posts)
MrsNPattz Thu 11-Apr-13 05:50:11

A nice shiny new thread!

Anypants Sat 20-Apr-13 23:14:33

Thanks funch. Off to bed now but will check in at first feed in the night. (Have stopped crying temporily while LO is asleep...) blush

larlemucker Sun 21-Apr-13 00:47:19

Here's another hand any

Think things with DH ok now, he said we need to sort out a way to get me some sleep as I'm a bitch at the moment. Can't argue with that!!

Trying a new bedtime routine tonight of bath, change, story, boob and bed. DS has hardly napped all day so unlike MrsN I'm hoping this means he is knackered and will sleep tonight!! He has just woken after 4 hours sleep (2 for me). Wouldn't settle with rocking so have fed and he is asleep again.
I know he is a bit young to give up night feeds completely but 5 times a night is excessive!!

Emilythornesbff Sun 21-Apr-13 01:11:18

Second feed (i think)
Babythorne just fell asleep during the last one, as did I, which I think is why we're here again so soon. She's just nodded off again after about a minute of feeding. Gonna change her nappy to see if that helps.

Poor any have a hug and a brew

larlemucker Sun 21-Apr-13 01:27:38

Transfer fail hmm

abi2790 Sun 21-Apr-13 01:52:10

First feed here. Still shattered but a 5 hour sleep for ds is better than a 3 hour one.

I do the same thing every night at bedtime larle- bath, massage, dressed, story and boob. He goes to sleep straight away but does usually have a really long feed before he'll let me put him down.

He's another hand to hold any. Hope you're both fast asleep.

MrsNPattz Sun 21-Apr-13 02:23:11

Been up for an hour here but no feed and I'm not going to cause he's not hungry - I've given him Calpol and infacol and he did go back to sleep on me - now he's just winging and is fine when I pick him up.

Any here is another hand thanks

Larle how you getting on?

GiraffesAndButterflies Sun 21-Apr-13 03:00:56

Just a quickie from me to hope you're all asleep. <<hand for Any>>

larlemucker Sun 21-Apr-13 03:20:28

Second feed here. We were up for an hour and a half earlier. Trying not to feed when he wakes but he is screaming the place down. When I give him boob he feeds. Don't know what to do, I can't keep going on like this with snippets if sleep here and there hmm

Sorry to hear of majorly non-sleeping LOs and recalcitrant DPs. I definitely the witch from hell in the Goat household at present. DH caught what BG has had so has been miserable in bed for 2 and a 1/2 days. Poor thing has been really ill. Not helped by me being ultra grumpy and prickly. I am so tired. Back at work and doing all nights and evening shifts. And BG is still not right so is waking a lot in discomfort or for a feed as he can't take much at once still so isn't having his usual during the day. I have just given up and brought him in with me. Like so many on this thread, I. Need. Sleep.
Waving the Wand of Slumber to all and sundry...

Anypants Sun 21-Apr-13 03:55:42

Thanks for the support <group hug>. Just on first feed here since I got her to sleep at 10ish. I feel better having had a bit of sleep but still think DH was fairly unhelpful. Still, he's got to work and I think my patience is being well and truly tested by him and DD.
Sleepy dust to all who are up now x x x

Anypants Sun 21-Apr-13 03:57:45

Are you still struggling larle?

Babybeesmama Sun 21-Apr-13 04:17:29

OMG babybee just slept 9 hours! It is a miracle! It will probably never been repeated!

Hope you're ok any & larle. Well done mrsn - stay strong!

Goat - things can only get better! You survived first week! Have you enjoyed being back to work? Apart from the tough time! X

GiraffesAndButterflies Sun 21-Apr-13 05:18:53

Second feed here. She would still be asleep except that DH sneezed in his sleep, woke me and babygiraffe up but not himself hmm

Glad you're ok Any. Nearly daytime smile

Poor you larle. Has the gap between feeds lengthened at all?

larlemucker Sun 21-Apr-13 05:29:42

Up for 4th time now (I think), each time we have tried to get him to sleep without feeding but he goes hysterical. DH now getting pissed off and saying its my fault for teaching him he always gets a boob when he wakes up. I've been doing it a lot of the time so that DH can go back to sleep because he is back at work.

I really don't know what to do, it's been a month since we've had more than 4 hours sleep in one lump

Oh larle I really don't know what to suggest, you didn't 'teach' him, he's still a tiny and needs food at such regular intervals. It's so tough with the sleep deprivation.i hope you find a solution!
*any that sounds like an improve my, long may it continue!
giraffe all sudden nighttime noises must be banned...
amey congratulations!! So now, how many times did you wake up thinking 'is he alright??!' or 'any minute now, surely!' grin hope not and you stayed asleep! And yes you're right, if I can survive this week then the remainder of the term is going to be an absolute doddle!!
And now, could someone explain why newly mobile babies have elasticated arms when it comes to coffee tables and bookshelves and suddenly everything within six feet is reachable hmm but the floor is a foreign country for which they don't have a visa?

Emilythornesbff Sun 21-Apr-13 07:24:24

Feeling rough after a couple of transfer fails, a few feeds, snoring dh (seriously, like a tractor was starting up in the room. grin ), and ds up at six hurrah!

I wish napping was an option. sad

larle you're not doing anything wrong. Baby larle is having a little phase and it will pass when he's had his growth spurt or whatever is going on. IMHO you might benefit from just feeding him when he wakes, try and make sure he gets both boobs, check that ypu're not missing a feed in the day/ evening because of being busy or tired and wait for this episode to pass. If you can feed him before he goes nuts you might find he settles better afterwards, then in a couple of weeks you'll find he goes a bit longer between feeds. Does he have long daytime periods when he doesn't feed? Thinking of you. It's so tiring.
And grrrrr to any rubbish DHs at the moment. What are they like?

funchum8am Sun 21-Apr-13 08:45:25

Larle could you give LO water instead of milk? Someone suggested this to me and it worked for a bit though she started rejecting it in the end, so we abandoned that feed and it has been fine. However I know people it hasn't worked for too as their LOs are a bit more discerning and noticed it wasn't milk before they chugged it down.

We were up at 3:30 again then she was up every 30 mins til DH got her up at 5 but I slept through that shock I am meant to be on duty as it is the weekend. I think letting her grizzle in bed a bit hasn't taught babyfunch to go back to sleep but rather taught ME to sleep through it! Poor DH.

Watching the London Marathon coverage while ironing - it is so uplifting!

Huge hugs once again, sounds like there are some truly awful nights and examples of DH behaviour out there. Goat let me know if you want me to dash over today or run any errandshmm

MrsNPattz Sun 21-Apr-13 09:10:29

Well a pretty successful night here - no feeds until 6:30!! Spent an hour and a half getting him to sleep when he woke at half 1, and he slept in with me since then but we fed lying down at half 6 and then slept until now!

Larle will little one take ebm?

Amey that's fantastic! You must feel like a new woman!!

Sorry for other bad nights - brewbiscuitthanks

larlemucker Sun 21-Apr-13 10:07:06

He does have expressed milk, I don't have much stocked up at the moment though as it was all used last weekend. When we have given him it in the night it hasn't helped.
Really had enough now.

Off for a walk in the rain without DS for a break

MrsNPattz Sun 21-Apr-13 10:14:04

Just wondered if you might be able to have a night off? Do you have a helpful hv you could talk to? Hope you feel better after your walk thanks

larlemucker Sun 21-Apr-13 12:53:24

Going to see the HV tomorrow as he needs weighing. I'm soaking and cold but a good walk!

Emilythornesbff Sun 21-Apr-13 14:38:44

Good luck larle.

abi2790 Sun 21-Apr-13 15:34:35

Sorry you had another bad night larle. It will get better soon flowers.

DS is having a really good nap which never happens anymore!

Emilythornesbff Sun 21-Apr-13 16:25:49

Goodness dd has slept in the car or the sling for most of the day. So i'll be on duty tonight. I'll put the kettle on. brew

MrsNPattz Sun 21-Apr-13 17:10:20

And did it make you feel better Larle? Hope you have had a super chilled day!

Little man has not napped as well today so I could be in for it tonight!!

This thread is not accepting new messages.