DS cries after finishing bottle - still hungry or another reason??

(9 Posts)
ThisIsYourSong Thu 04-Apr-13 04:08:24

Some babies just love to suck, it must be very comforting for them. Have you seen a cranial osteopath? As they do say that sometimes things being out of alignment can cause a need to suck.

With DT2 we used to pop a dummy in for a couple of minutes after his bottle was finished and then he was ok. He was just a bit disappointed that the feed was finished smile.

u32ng Thu 04-Apr-13 02:52:14

ihatepeas I think you may be onto something there as DS is same actually.

He's been doing some excellently HUGE burps the last few days (1 actually startled the both of us it was so louf & sudden haha!) & he does seem a lot happier after, although he usually does calm down before the burp anyway now.

Ihatepeas Tue 02-Apr-13 20:49:36

My dd (18weeks) ALWAYS crys at the end of her feeds! I think it's just wind as she does a huge burp then is all smiles!

u32ng Sun 31-Mar-13 20:53:17

Yeah got dummies a couple of weeks ago - will try giving him it post-feed & see what happens!

maybe he still wants to suck. have you tried a dummy?

u32ng Sun 31-Mar-13 17:19:04

Well I did used to burp him halfway through but he cried so much & didn't always produce a burp, so I decided to stop doing that as I didn't think it was good for him to cry so much. We're using Infacol & burps tend to come best at the end of his feed.

Anyway, he still cried at the end even when burped halfway through!

Is possible that he's tired but his tired cry & hungry cry are different - well that's what I think but because I'm doubting my ability to understand my own son maybe I am wrong!!

Have you tried windingg him half way through the bottle and again at the end. Dd was like that and I found that helped a lot, not that she liked her bottle being taken away half way through a feed but she was more comfortable afterwards.

MumOfTheMoos Sun 31-Mar-13 13:32:56

How is his winding?

Could it be that he's just tired?

u32ng Sun 31-Mar-13 13:10:53

My 8wk old DS cries after pretty much every bottle feed. We have had a couple of feeds recently where he finishes it happily or takes less & is ok, so I am totally confused!! He's taking 5oz (150ml) at each feed (about 7 times a day on average the wee guzzle guts!)

I thought maybe he was still hungry but often if I give him a bit more it ends up coming back up.

Is he still hungry or gassy or other??

It's making me doubt my ability to understand my baby's needs sad so if anyone else has had/is having this happen I would appreciate the advice!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now