BF + Cow's milk after 12 months

(5 Posts)
FadBook Sun 31-Mar-13 14:57:14

Oh and I buy a large Greek yoghurt too, she has a bit of that every couple of days

FadBook Sun 31-Mar-13 14:53:47

We don't drink or cook with milk either (literally the odd cup of tea) but as I'm breastfeeding still (dd 19 months) I've never thought to concentrate on calcium intake; just a balanced diet overall.

My weekly shop include one pint of whole milk, and that does her cereal for the week. She too was a bottle refuser, straight from the source was only good enough wink she's better now as I actually gave her a little beaker of milk the other day and she had a couple of gulps. Still left most of it smile

She loves her cheese and triangle cheese sandwiches, so assume she gets enough <shrugs>

Thaleia Sun 31-Mar-13 14:39:11

is that so even after the first year? My DS only had the odd bottle of formula here and there (before he refused the bottle around 6 months) as my DH is intolerant and we just don't have anything in the house = we don't cook with milk, cream ....

FadBook Sun 31-Mar-13 13:21:44

If you're bf'ing you don't need to give cows milk, unless you want specifically want to wean.

I can't be specific with how much cheese, milk with cereal etc, I just think of dd having a balanced diet over a 7 day period, so if I have a cheese sandwich, she has one too iyswim?

Thaleia Sun 31-Mar-13 13:07:48

I know it's there but I can't find it!!!

How much milk/ cheese/ .... in addition to BF does a 12 months baby need?

I am breastfeeding 2 - 4 times a day (well, night), depending. DS is a very good eater and loves his solids!

Thanks, Thali

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now