4oz gain in 4 weeks - 5.5 (24 weeks) month old.

(8 Posts)
CluelessMama Wed 27-Mar-13 11:38:55

Very similar story here. My DS is 25 weeks, EBF, was weighed yesterday and has put on 8oz in 7 weeks since last weighed. He has dropped a wee bit on the percentile lines too. HV didn't seem in the least bit surprised or concerned, just said that he's needing more as very active rolling about (still not sitting brilliantly tho), and as he's pretty much six months he's ready to get going with solids. I'm hoping it's nothing to worry about as she didn't seem worried, but will probably get him in weighed in four or five weeks again to check he's continuing to gain weight.

showtunesgirl Tue 26-Mar-13 21:41:10

Yes, it's quite normal for them to drop a little bit when they get active. Sounds like he's fine! smile

shouldibecrossaboutthis Tue 26-Mar-13 21:24:44

Well he was technically born on the 75th, went up to 91st within a week and stayed there. Over the last 12 weeks he's gone to just under the 75th.

He's started sitting, rolling both ways and does a lot of jumping, I suppose that could play a part too? Thanks showtunesgirl.

showtunesgirl Tue 26-Mar-13 21:02:56

Has he fallen through two lines? If not, there shouldn't really be any need to worry if everything else seems normal.

shouldibecrossaboutthis Tue 26-Mar-13 20:55:14

he dropped below his line - is that what you mean by looking in the red book showtunesgirl? Or should I look for something else?

showtunesgirl Tue 26-Mar-13 20:34:28

Can you take a look in your red book? That should tell you. But they do slow down in weight gain after a while.

shouldibecrossaboutthis Tue 26-Mar-13 19:17:20

Oh also loads of wet and dirty nappies!

shouldibecrossaboutthis Tue 26-Mar-13 19:15:08

Is that normal? He has a BF @ 7am, 11am, 2.30, 5.30 and then 8oz of expressed or formula at 6.30pm. He's done this for ages and gained about 5oz a week normally. He also started finger food fruit and veg 4 weeks ago.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now