Remind me this too shall pass?

(5 Posts)

Thanks all! Feeling a little better. Just hope this phase Is over soon. Have lost of how many feeds we've had today and my nips are complaining from the tugging.

CrazyOldCatLady Mon 25-Mar-13 16:23:51

You're not starving her! Finding her hands and investigating them is a developmental thing and perfectly normal. It just means she's found new toys and she's playing with them! Now you need to be prepared for everything to go into her mouth for the next two years grin

Isn't engorgement only an issue at the start of feeding anyway? I thought it went away after a while?

Tubegirl Mon 25-Mar-13 16:20:19

Same here, as above it just means your body is producing what is required, no excess - just be pleased you no longer leak everywhere and spray baby in the face! Also the fist thing could well be the start of teething. My DS is 16 weeks and stsrted doing that around 12 weeks. I mentioned it to the HV because I thought it was too early but she said it wasn't.

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 25-Mar-13 16:14:32

It is unlikely isn't it. What is much more likely is that yours and DDs bodies have become much more in tune smile

DD was 12 weeks on Saturday. She discovered her hands last week and has been shoving them in her mouth at any opportunity. I rationally know she's not hungry, as she's not whiny with it, but dear god it makes me feel like I'm starving her. She's also piling on weight nicely.

I think she also hit a growth spurt over the weekend - resisting naps, going to bed later, and feeding constantly. When she's feeding she's extremely unsettled - face is pushed into the boob, the nipple is yanked, I'm scratched ... Nice calm feeds seem a distant memory sad

Also not helping is that Saturday 3am feed and 7am feed I wasn't engorged, and haven't been since. Up til now they were for those two feeds only. Makes me think my supply is dwindling.

I know these negative things are unlikely, but Internet reassurance much appreciated sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now