Restarting BF at 4 months?

(79 Posts)
Puddlelane Mon 25-Mar-13 08:02:37

Ok bear with me here.
I have a 4 month old dairy free formula baby.
Currently it was thought he may have silent reflux which infant gaviscon...it's not really made any difference. He was never sicky or cried after feeds just very mucusy.
So I am now at the stage where we are going to ask to change his formula to neocate to see if it's the
Milk. He is thriving, putting on weight and meeting milestones.
Due to reasons I would rather not get into right now I breastfed for not very long then was moved over to dairy free formula due to history of previous children under medical advice etc.

Could I restart breastfeeding at this stage? I would give him formula until I have milk obviously. Google leads me to believe its possible but google isn't always right!
Am I mad? I really want to do this for him. I'm dairy free anyhow!
Please be gentle I really don't want a bun fight or to be attacked due to decisions that have been made re formula.

DeputyDeputyChiefOfStaff Tue 23-Apr-13 11:25:15

I hope it's more comfortable now. Sounds like you're doing a great job!

featherbag Fri 26-Apr-13 09:23:40

How's it going Puddle? I still have that domperidone if you decide you want it.

adagio Fri 26-Apr-13 09:46:28

Not sure if anyone has mentioned hormones - I was told by my lactation consultant that pro lactin surges in the night between about 3am and 5am, which is why tiny newborns are so eager to feed all night - so it may be that expressing/skin to skin at that ungodly hour may be more effective?

Crocodilehunter Tue 07-May-13 22:52:29

Any updates puddle?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now