Baby up in the night every hour and arching her back after feeds

(14 Posts)
used2bthin Wed 20-Mar-13 20:08:04

Sometimes during feeds. Breastfeeding but also doing the odd formula bottle now. The back arching seems to have got worse since she started on ranitidine for probable silent reflux. But surely it should be getting better not worse?

used2bthin Wed 20-Mar-13 20:08:22

She is nine months

stargirl1701 Wed 20-Mar-13 20:11:06

Has the dose been corrected for weight gain? Have you seen a paediatrician? Could it be CMPI?

used2bthin Wed 20-Mar-13 20:13:50

Sorry what is cmpi? She only went on it just over a week ago. I asked for it as was thinking gaviscon helped but am not sure. I'm worrying about her having it in a way as older dd got very constipated on it. She's never slept we'll and often cries in her sleep as if in pain but is happy enough in the day(although she gets tired)

used2bthin Wed 20-Mar-13 20:14:27

Just seen gp, I will ring them tomorrow and see if we can see them again I think.

used2bthin Wed 20-Mar-13 20:14:54

Meant just seen gp as in only seen gp not paediatrician!

stargirl1701 Wed 20-Mar-13 20:16:52

It's Cows Milk Protein Intolerance.

My DD has reflux and we are using Ranitidine. It's effectiveness has worn off with time. We are waiting on a paediatric referral.

Maybe go back to the GP and query the dose. Ask if it the max that can be administered. GPs tend to be quite conservative in their approach.

used2bthin Wed 20-Mar-13 20:20:01

Thanks , I wondered as I had lactose intolerance as a child and people on here had mentioned it but I have had the odd better night with her and thought she was actually sleeping better sometimes after formula, ie the other night she slept 7.30-11 after a bottle then had a breastfeed and was up every hour from then but I will ask the gp. How long is your referral going to take do you know?

used2bthin Wed 20-Mar-13 20:21:44

Thing is it seems worse if anything with the ranididine. But the difference is she will sleep from 7.30 instead of 11. Maybe I should try giving it to her at 11 instead of 7 for her evening dose.

used2bthin Thu 21-Mar-13 06:43:05

Ugh another night of it. Then this morning she just woke, I brought her in with me and she kept doing it till I fed her so maybe sometimes ivt means she wants a feed...she is just so loud

stargirl1701 Thu 21-Mar-13 07:26:03

Our referral has taken ages. We've still got 2 weeks to wait hmm

used2bthin Thu 21-Mar-13 07:35:55

Oh dear and its now you need the help. I'm going to ring the gp again today. So tired everything feels too much but will make sure I do that!

stargirl1701 Thu 21-Mar-13 09:46:22

I would ask for the referral as well as query the dose. You can always cancel the paediatric appt if things improve. I think it was about 8/9 weeks ago we got the letter. hmm

used2bthin Thu 21-Mar-13 13:09:35

In the mean time how are you getting on are you having to be up all night too? I am finding it harder than usual this week but thinking teeth are not helping, that isn't it as she's never slept we'll but I think the combination has made it worse.

Got gp calling me back today so will discuss not carrying on with ranitidine as I am not sure if its made it worse. May ask for more gaviscon as am doing formula more than I was. Or switch formula I don't know nothing seems certain I have experimented to see if certain foods make it worse but not getting much idea,I ate a huge bowl of custard one night then she slept really well so I don't THINk it's cows milk but could be wrong.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now