Breastfeeding and period....

(7 Posts)
Twattybollocks Wed 20-Mar-13 07:55:14

I thought I ovulated a couple of weeks ago (sudden interest in dh, achy, baby messing around at boob and not seeming to get full) everything back to normal feeding wise a couple of days later. last week I had some brown spotting for a day or so, thought it was my period starting, had nasty cramps for a couple of days, but no bleeding. Yesterday eve I had pink spotting and I have evil cramps again this morning, again, I assumed my period starting, but the bleeding has now completely stopped?
When feeding dd my periods came back at 6w and were proper periods like usual, just really irregular and much longer between them, I've not experienced such light bleeding before, has this happened to anyone else? Also confused what the random spotting and cramping was last week?

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 20-Mar-13 09:04:15

I had a couple of ghost periods when mine returned but do you think its worth doing a pg test?

Twattybollocks Wed 20-Mar-13 10:38:53

Ha ha, no no chance I'm knocked up, it would have to be an immaculate conception!

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 20-Mar-13 17:58:45

grin in that case, have a read of this. Does that sound like what's going on?

mamawharton Sun 24-Mar-13 21:37:44

hi op this happened to me also, lasted about a week and then finally it arrived. on my dd first birthday party too!!

jessebuni Sun 24-Mar-13 23:10:05

This is still happening to me. My little one is 9 months and I still haven't got proper periods back yet. :S so terrified I might be pregnant which is ridiculous since we've used condoms every single time without fail. But I've been told that when it comes to Breastfeeding and periods pretty much throw the handbook out the widow because anything could happen.

This happened to me. Had two irregular, very light periods and then got a proper one just recently. I thought I had got away with them being light and staying that way! DS is 9 months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now