Recovering from posterior tongue tie

(8 Posts)
Mafiti Fri 08-Mar-13 16:19:51

Has anyone got experience of getting over a posterior tongue tie? We've got sucking exercises to do but they aren't working- LO snipped yesterday but won't suck on finger and still has bad latch, but it seems to be the only way I can get her to feed. Any tips or encouragement?

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 08-Mar-13 20:54:12

Don't know but just bumping for you.

McBaby Fri 08-Mar-13 21:02:54

Ours took a couple of weeks post cut to be comfortable, cranial osteopathy also helped with tongue function.

melonribena Fri 08-Mar-13 21:20:19

Ours took a few weeks to improve too. It will get better!

minipie Fri 08-Mar-13 21:47:09

2-3 weeks here too. but now SO much better. we didn't do any exercises.

minipie Fri 08-Mar-13 21:47:41

oh yes we also saw a cranial osteopath, which helped a lot

I didn't get any exercises to do and took two months to heal the damage done. Still hurts now and he's 8 months old. I think it wasn't cut deep enough or has grown back, but they won't do anything now as he has teeth and a very strong bite. I would suggest phone and speak to, or go back to TT clinic and have them check it was done properly.

Mafiti Thu 21-Mar-13 22:10:46

Thanks, everyone. Encouraged to hear that cranial osteopathy helped in some cases as we're having that, too. DD has her suck back so fingers crossed she figures out how to use her tongue properly as well cos her latch is perfect in terms of mouth shape etc, she just isn't pulling in enough nipple for it to be pain free. Not anywhere near as painful as it was though, so it's all progress, I guess!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now