How to stay awake during night feeds part 8 - bring your snacks and join the fun!

(1000 Posts)

Here we go at 7001 messages!

Smallgreenone Sun 31-Mar-13 12:24:18

We fed him at 10.30 and that was it. He woke at 4 (3 on old time) cried for 20 mins with me shhing then i sneaked out but think it was too early as he woke immediately so I did some cc which did not work at all. Think he just wondered why I kept disappearing so after 40 mins I went back in with a pillow and blanket and stayed with him all night. It was just after 5 when he resettled and he woke at 7. All smiles when he woke and wasn't hungry so am happy that he isn't hungry. Just got to persevere with the sleep training now.
Am really hoping in a week I will have a baby who sleeps through.
<waves> to all

Babybeesmama Sun 31-Mar-13 18:05:51

Sounds like progress small! I feel awful leaving the room when doing CC but in a way it seems to make it worse in our case, but that's in the day, I'm not sure what it will be like in middle of night!

Well, I did my first couch to 5k this morning, not sure what possessed me but it felt good! Really want to stick with it. I've eaten a lot of cakes & eggs today blush oops! X

EeyoresGloomyPlace Sun 31-Mar-13 18:41:03

<offers Easter eggs around, makes sure larle gets one too>

Lovely day today, we found a resort down the road that does "Family Sunday" and for the price of a roast you get free entry into the swimming pool and soft play. We got there at 10am with the PIL and met SIL and her family there, had a wonderful time swimming. Mil brought her underwater camera so got such nice pics smile Then had toast lunch followed by soft play. All exhausted now!

Home tomorrow night though sad

small sounds like progress, hope things keep improving for you.

larle that's a really lovely dress smile

mrsn you're right, although its dissappointing at least we found out before buying the place.

How was everyone's Easter Sunday?

MrsNPattz Sun 31-Mar-13 21:09:20

Sounds like a lovely tiring day Heff! We had a lovely day too catching up with family!

Just feeding little man to sleep, I think he has a cold - he's very snuffly and coughy.

We head home tomorrow, it goes so quick!

EeyoresGloomyPlace Sun 31-Mar-13 21:46:54

Toast lunch?! Not very filling...roast lunch much better!

EeyoresGloomyPlace Sun 31-Mar-13 21:57:25

It does doesn't it mrsn , can't believe we've been here a week either! Glad you had a nice day too smile

Having a pain in the backside sort of evening tonight, put the girls to bed at 7 and they're still both awake. Taking it in turns to drive me to distraction play up/demand a poo/yell at full volume/insist on a feed/need a wee arrrggg just go to sleep! For anyone who hasn't heard it this (top link on page) is very funny, and exactly where my head is at tonight <tears out hair in clumps>

Right, off to try and finish the glass of wine I poured an hour ago!

Sleepy dust all xx

abi2790 Sun 31-Mar-13 22:48:40

Evening all. First feed here. DS woke up as soon as I got in bed and closed my eyes. He had only been asleep for a couple of hours too sad

MissingMyMarbles Sun 31-Mar-13 23:16:46

Evening all.

Easter has gone so quickly hasn't it? I am heading back from my parents early in the morning again like the drive up. I will go when Missmarbles gets me up at first feed. At 4. In my dreams, ha ha I was going to go at afternoon nap time but it will be a much quicker journey if she sleeps the whole way, there's no traffic and I won't have to stop. Plus I need to sort done stuff out tomorrow for going back to work on Tuesday- eekshock
I'm leaving DD1 here to have a blast with g'ma and g'pagrin

Missmarbles was a monkey going to bed tonight. It was too light for her with BST, I think. Will be good to get her back to her cave-like room tomorrow night. Also, she essentially went up bed an hour earlierhmm not that she didn't need it as we've had a busy day and she was very tired.

Good sleeps everyone <wave>

EeyoresGloomyPlace Sun 31-Mar-13 23:17:13

Oh FGS <screams> she's still awake!

Dd1 finally fell asleep about 10ish, I gave up with babylump and took her downstairs as I didn't want her waking her sister up, she perked up immediately and was all smiles for nanny, came back up at 11 now she's yelling her head off in temper/over tiredness and I've totally run out of ideas to get her to actually go the fuck to sleep.

<screams some more>

Someone pour me more wine please sad

MissingMyMarbles Sun 31-Mar-13 23:31:23

First feed. 4am - ha ha! Can at least sleep now rather than lying awake wondering when exactly she's going to wake up...

EeyoresGloomyPlace Sun 31-Mar-13 23:48:07

She's finally asleep <celebratory dance> thank god for that, if I don't get a decent long sleep now after all that fuss I am putting her on eBay.

marbles how are you feeling about work? I've got 4 weeks left, not looking forward to it but am looking forward to first payday grin

Its blowing a serious gale outside here, bloomin' freezing too. Going to try and get some sleep myself now big monkey and little monkey are finally snoring.

Night all xx

larlemucker Mon 01-Apr-13 02:09:29

Second feed just done. Transfer fail and baby larle currently wiggling round cot.
I'm so tired. During the day I love him to bits but at night I hate him!!!

Thanks for the Easter egg heff! Seriously tempted to buy one tomorrow, won't help my WW though hmm

Right going to try turning light off to see if he'll go to sleep

larlemucker Mon 01-Apr-13 02:47:24

Won't go to sleep so tried feeding again. He is now lying next to me tickling my boob!! Think its his way of saying sorry for the lack of sleep

Hope everyone else is sleeping

MrsNPattz Mon 01-Apr-13 03:03:23

First feed, not bad!

Oh Heff sorry for your turmoil but your posts did make me giggle!

Hope everyone is fast asleep now, Marbles hope you have a safe journey and are looking forward to going back to work!

MrsNPattz Mon 01-Apr-13 03:15:47

Grrrr transfer fail

MrsNPattz Mon 01-Apr-13 06:25:44

Second feed, so quiet tonight!

abi2790 Mon 01-Apr-13 08:49:54

Sorry didn't post last night. o didn't have the energy. DS was waking every hour after feeding for about 30 minutes. Between 11 and 5 he woke up 4 times sad. I am so tired and so is ds but he just won't sleep sad. I don't know what's wrong with him. He doesn't seem unwell and he hasn't fed like this in the day so I'm not sure it's a growth spurt.

abi2790 Mon 01-Apr-13 10:56:59

DS finally went to sleep at around half 8 and we got to sleep until half 10 smile hopefully he sleeps much better tonight.

BrainGoneAwol Mon 01-Apr-13 13:48:44

heff that's such a shame about the house. They're obviously having a nightmare selling it. It's so hard with travellers - while they clearly need somewhere to live, you can really sympathise with people who object and it must be awful when you realise your house is worth half it's price so you can't afford to move.

Sorry for all the bad nights. Babybrain continues to be pretty good these days, with bed at 6-7, feed at 1-2, up at 5.30. It's been long enough that I'm recklessly daring to say it is his regular pattern. He does sometimes need resettling between 9-11 and it would be nice to move the 5.30 wake to later, but I'm counting my blessings. smile

While he sort of slept at PiLs, he wouldn't settle at all at dms over the weekend so we came home. sad We're buying her a secondhand cot for when we stay over in future.

small hope the progress continues. Did it help sleeping in there? Maybe gradual withdrawal?

heff that sounds a truly horrendous night. I dread to think how I'll not cope if we ever have another shock

larlemucker Mon 01-Apr-13 15:14:33

Congrats on the sleeping brain fingers crossed baby brain stays in that routine.
I've come out for a walk in the sunshine, sat by the lake surrounded by tourists trying very hard not to cry. So tired and just really wish my mum was here to help me hmm
Sorry just feeling really down today

SoYo Mon 01-Apr-13 16:18:35

No posting last night as I couldn't keep my eyes open for long enough!

Feeds at 10.45, settled at 12, awake at 2, fed in bed on & off until 3, transfer fail, fell asleep at 4.30, woke up at 5, at 7 I handed over to DH & nearly cried with exhaustion but he placated her fora bit while I slept.

Not coping very well today, she's feeding every 2hrs (now alternating between boob and bottle as nipple falling off), PuppyMonsters being evil, no daytime nap longer than 30mins & on me & DH goes back to work tomorrow. Can't fathom how I'm possibly going to cope dong this on my own. If you discard the bit while DH takes her & I sleep I'm getting about 2hrs overnight & she'll only settle on me or when we're out in pram or car during the day & then pup tends to play up for attention. I'm ruining our last day off together because I keep having overly dramatic weeping episodes when I think about tonight/tomorrow!

Will someone either reassure me that this does get better or at least give me a slap of sense and a choccie biccy!

MrsNPattz Mon 01-Apr-13 17:02:17

Aw lots of hugs for SoYo and Larle!

SoYo it really does get better - how old is little one? Hang in there, we are all here to support you!

Larle thanks I can't imagine what it's like not to have her even on the end of the phone, stay strong wine

abi2790 Mon 01-Apr-13 18:32:07

Stay strong larle flowers

It does get better soyo. DS is 4 months and we still have our off days but he is a much better sleeper now smile

I think DS is unwell sad He has a bit of a temperature and he's very sicky today as well as having the runs. He's been very restless but very sleepy today too. I've just given him some calpol and he's nodded off smile hopefully we won't be doing hourly feeds tonight!

Hope everyone has had a good easter smile

Babybeesmama Mon 01-Apr-13 19:56:03

Hugs soyo & larle. I think some days are tougher than others, but it definitely gets easier. Having a baby is such a life changing experience, amazing but also very exhausting at times.

We've been for a meal out with PIL, not much healthy choice, I went for chicken escalope not thinking about the breadcrumbs shock tasty but prob not very good on points. Eating out on diet is so hard.

Mil keeps banging on about us going to visit Bil and SIL in Sweden (we are all meeting up in Spain in oct for DH's grans 90th) she kept asking today if we weren't trying to go this year - err hello maternity pay & already booked & paid flights to Spain!! When I said it was money etc she said maybe one of us should go?!? I said I didn't think that was very fair on whoever gets left at home with kids me likely and DH is going to the Grand Prix in Germany in July so that's costing us too. I just hate feeling pressured into things & at the end of the day we are seeing them in oct & they are coming over in spring & they decided to move there so it can't be a big deal If we can't afford to go can it?? Xx

funchum8am Mon 01-Apr-13 20:15:26

Oh no bigs hugs larle and soyo, it will get easier but it is impossible to see that when things are that bad. You are entitled to feel dreadful and ask for help. Soyo you will cope and I am sure you will pick up tricks for coping with two on your own as you go along I reckon. (nb I only have one child so not actually experienced in this area but close friends are).

This thread is not accepting new messages.