Anyone had success at keeping morning, night and evening breast feeds only?

(4 Posts)
Lostonthemoors Tue 05-Mar-13 20:48:35

I would express bm for the missed feeds

Can you not express a couple of times during the day then refrigerate it/keep it in a cool bag for the next day? DD could then have the benefits of your milk and it would maintain your supply.

ElliesWellies Tue 05-Mar-13 11:29:20

At four months in, I'd say your supply will be pretty stable.

My experience relates to a slightly older child - DS was 10/11 months when I went back to work two days a week. I continued breastfeeding in the day when I wasn't at work, and on the days I did work, he went happily without.

He is now 2 and I still feed him morning and bedtime only. Have been following this pattern for a year or so.

MacMac123 Tue 05-Mar-13 10:37:11

Ok ladies, looking for some advice.
Am breastfeeding DD, currently 4 months. It's going really well! Which is a miracle considering I got nowhere with breastfeeding DS, who is now 4.
Anyway, I am self employed, so have to start getting back to work. I've now introduced (a month ago) a bottle at 10am and 10pm only, which is going well and milk supply seems fine, ie she wanted Bf at 9pm and I had milk despite her usually have a bottle just an hour later.
I am mostly likely soon going to have to drop the 1pm feed and then the 4pm feed, to enable to me to work, 3 days a week.
My question is this - on the other days, can I breast feed those feeds?
And if I do drop them, has anyone had success at keeping breast feeds at 7am and 7pm (and in the night) only - that's what I'd really like to do as I don't want to stop completely but realistically due to being self employed I will have to drop daytime breast feeds soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now