Webchat with Tristram Hunt, Labour education shadow, MONDAY 27 April at 12 midday ×

How did you switch from a bottle to a cup and which cup?

(2 Posts)
MortifiedAdams Tue 05-Mar-13 09:15:02

Dd is 14mo and is now down to two bottles, one at bedtime and one in the morning. She has water in a cup. She has resisted cups for milk for months but this morning I have stood firm. Before 1yr old, I always felt she needed the milk so gave it in a bottle as I knew it would be drunk.

Now, if she refuses it from the cup, she goes without. I ignored her strop this morning at milk in a cup (TT free flow one), and 20mins later caught her drinkig it.

sharond101 Tue 05-Mar-13 09:07:15

DS is 9mo. He can hold and drink some water from his tommee tippee sippy cup although much goes on the floor. He takes a bottle from me in the morning, aternoon and at bedtime. How do I move onto giving him milk in a cup and is the tommee tippee one ok? He gets gaviscon in his milk so is this still ok? He is really sleepy at bedtime and I don't see that time working just yet. I am also worried about the mess, it's expressed breastmilk which is terrible for getting off when it spills.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now